Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd like to ask a Kia rep about that. Top of the line SXP that's nearly $50k doesn't have wireless AA/ACP and yet a lower model in the line up does. Please explain. Not a deal breaker but it's perplexing.
Perplexing is also a great adjective to describe it :). If you do reach out to Kia in that regard, please report back to the group with whatever good or bad answers you get.
I am hoping to hear it is just a software update coming soon (which is what I heard about a car wifi hotspot option), but am not holding my breath on either...

·
Registered
5 Posts
So many GREAT ideas. It would also be nice if there was an option for proximity sensor on key fob to unlock door (since it already automatically unfolds mirrors, seems like unlock shouldn't be to difficult).
I would also like to be able to turn off the beep for the lane keep assist
And option to turn off beeping when manually opening rear hatch.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So many GREAT ideas. It would also be nice if there was an option for proximity sensor on key fob to unlock door (since it already automatically unfolds mirrors, seems like unlock shouldn't be to difficult).
And option to turn off beeping when manually opening rear hatch.
I would actually love to turn off the mirrors unfolding on proximity. It keeps doing it when I walk around the car and serves no purpose. It should only happen when you open the door in my opinion. Unlocking the car on proximity would be useful on the other hand.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Turn the welcome mirror on approach feature off, then. Problem solved. 😊
Correct, but I believe it will also disable the puddle and/or the door handle light on approach which I would like to keep.
I know I have the handle light working (SXP) but didn't pay attention to the puddle light (if it exists). @Medallione added it to this list so I will confirm at night and update. It does say puddle OR handle light (see picture) so I wonder if we already have it.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
As a point of security, Kia probably didn't want doors to unlock passively.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you want to disable lane departure warnings altogether? If so, that's a simple setting in the menus. But if you want to keep lane departure warnings, but have them without sound, then that's not possible and would defeat the purpose.

·
Registered
2022 Kia LX S
1 Posts
I have very limited time in my wife’s new Carnival and generally love it. My only complaint is that the Front door armrests are not comfortable. Part of it is my height (6’2”), which results in my seat being back pretty far and my elbow behind the armrest, but it is narrow, with only a short padded section.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have very limited time in my wife’s new Carnival and generally love it. My only complaint is that the Front door armrests are not comfortable. Part of it is my height (6’2”), which results in my seat being back pretty far and my elbow behind the armrest, but it is narrow, with only a short padded section.
Totally agree. I am 5' 11'' and find the armrest to be too low as well. Wish they had one like on the second row seats on the SXP (which is the same type I had in my Odyssey

·
Registered
2022 Carnival SX
11 Posts
1. Auto dimming rear view mirror with homelink buttons. Should come standard atleast on SX and SXP trims
2. Wireless AA/ACP for all trims
3. Control rear screens from front screen.
4. Sunroof option in other trims
5. SXP with 8 seats

First things that came to mind.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts