Kia Carnival Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been in contact with Kia regarding some discrepancies. As of now they have fixed the build site to not include the 2nd row monitors as add-ons for the SX and SX Prestige. Hopefully they can get to the rest of the discrepancies between the media site option list, the brochure, and the build site, and their official YouTube channel. The list I have so far is:

1. 2nd row seat monitors show as options on the SX and SX Prestige - Fixed!
2. Homelink mirror showing as an add-on for SX Prestige and missing from brochure; standard on the Kia Media site listing options.
3. Various lighting kit options on the SX Prestige not listed in the Kia Media options sheet nor the brochure but is on the build site.
4. The off-black leather option shown on the brochure is dark grey in color. On the build site, it looks light grey.
5. Aforementioned removable seats on the SX Prestige as shown on the official Kia YouTube media.
6. Various cargo nets as add-ons on the build site not listed in either the Kia Media option list or the brochure.

The list above is mainly centered around the SX Prestige, which is the model we are interested in purchasing but am trying to understand what 'options' are available. The media site lists two options: the floor mats and the trailer hitch. The build site lists many others.

·
Registered
2017 Sedona SXL // 2018 Stinger GT2 RWD
12 Posts
Yeah. The light versus dark grey/black interior is the biggest question for me. Looks black here. Would prefer the website lighter grey color for sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think the sweet spot would be the SX with a “tech package” (as someone mentioned in this thread or another) that would include 12.3” digital dash cluster, surround view camera, etc. Essentially, the extra tech you get in the SX Prestige but without the VIP non-removable seats. Wishful thinking but doesn’t look like it will be happening based on the info and brochures out there now.

I find it a bit perplexing why they are offering slightly different features in the trims in Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you ask them if there's any possibility they give us the option of the 12.3 dash and the blind view in the sx model too. Even only as an option. Just like they have it in Canada. That way we don't need to sacrifice the 8th seat for those that need it
I have the same request.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am I reading it right that there’s no sunroof on any of the trim levels other than the Prestige? So just a standard roof on every other trim? No way to let light in from above?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the same request.
Me three. If they offer that as an added option or a Tech package I'll reaching out to my dealership immediately to place an order. As it stands right now I'm not really willing to trade in my '17 Mazda CX-9 for the SX trim Carnival. So frustrating after the months of anticipation watching endless overseas videos and clamoring over any spy pics.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Am I reading it right that there’s no sunroof on any of the trim levels other than the Prestige? So just a standard roof on every other trim? No way to let light in from above?
Yeah that's the way I'm reading things too.
Were there any indications when this actually gets to the dealerships so we can check it out in person?

My contact at my local Kia dealership said they are expected to receive an LX with the seat package 03/09 and an SX on 03/17. This is Capitol Kia in San Jose, CA. I'm now reaching out to other dealers in the Bay Area to see when they're expecting deliveries.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Another thing to add to the list of frustrating feature omissions from KIA USA. In Australia the Carnival SX equivalent trim features a standard sun-roof, while the only sun roof offered here is the dual sun roof in the SX Prestige.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Another thing to add to the list of frustrating feature omissions from KIA USA. In Australia the Carnival SX equivalent trim features a standard sun-roof, while the only sun roof offered here is the dual sun roof in the SX Prestige.
This is so unlogically frustrating. Why in the world would they do that? Why would they omit items from trims when they're offered in ither locations. Honestly these stuff are keeping me from jumping and ordering one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks
Consider Kia for the first time, and this mess with the trims is really disappointing(
Has someone noticed 2-row seats in the 8 (presumably also for 9 and 11) seater have lower sittings vs VIP lounges? Not that easy judging by photos / videos, but smbd might have already test both versions
Cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Right with you! I was very excited and eager to check out the Carnival and order one... But now I'm somewhat indifferent... And hoping they offer some sort of Tech package for the SX trim soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
In Canada, I was initially interested in the top SX trim as I wanted the Bose speaker and dual sunroof, I didn't care for the VIP lounge seats since it was non removable and significantly constrained the flexibility of the van (reduced max cargo capacity to 87 cubic ft from 145 cubic ft, which is a bummer besides I don't like that I cannot fold or slideNstow the captain chairs in the SX trim as was possible in the 2021 Kia Sedona). I do hope Kia Canada has an option to, at least, upgrade the 8 speaker audio in the EX+ trim to the 12 speaker Bose audio (which is now my default choice). I would rather prefer Kia make the SX trim an 8 seater and the lounge caprtain chairs an upgrade option (they will attract more buyers in such a top trim). I am not sure there will be many sales for the VIP option if buyers find out they cannot move the seats to get extra cargo space when needed, heck they cannot put a 4X8 plywood as depicted in their video ads (as this only applies to lower trims).

So Kia Canada, are you listening? Give us the 8 seater top SX trim in Canada. If this is done, it will be my choice in a beat (I would not even consider the 2021 Toyota Sienna Hybrid anymore)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think the sweet spot would be the SX with a “tech package” (as someone mentioned in this thread or another) that would include 12.3” digital dash cluster, surround view camera, etc. Essentially, the extra tech you get in the SX Prestige but without the VIP non-removable seats. Wishful thinking but doesn’t look like it will be happening based on the info and brochures out there now.

I find it a bit perplexing why they are offering slightly different features in the trims in Canada.
Yeah. Kia is offering those 2 features (surround view monitor, 12.3 digital gauge cluster plus blind view monitor) in the EX+ trim in Canada. No sunroof though (even a single glass pane) and the Bose speaker system is researved for the top SX trim which has the VIP lounge seats I really don't want (will be prone to break down with expensive repairs/failures since it is power operated, besides the fact that it is non configurable, non removable and limits cargo capacity). Personally, I will give up the extra luxury items in the top trim (than accept the VIP seats) so as to gain the seat flexibility in the 8 seater.

Which brings me to the question: did Kia conduct, during the design phase, customer opinion surveys on what feasures minivan buyers really really really need/prioritize in the top trim? I am sure one of them won't be the non configurable non removable VIP lounge seats.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where did you see that the ex+ has the blind view monitor? Weirdly enough Kia Canada - vehicles.carnival.overview they list the sx+ has 12.3 instrument cluster, but only sx lists blind view monitor

This is just a hunch. All Hyundai and Kia cars that have the 12.3 digital instrument cluster come with the blind view monitor. Maybe this is not the case when the full spec is released but I would be surprised if it is omitted. Btw, not all items shown in the SX feature page is exclusive to that trim. For example, I expect the passenger view monitor to be included in the EX+ trim based on US spec

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm really tempted to get myself a Canadian ex+ and bring it to America. I'll just have to find someone Canadian to buy it for me, as a Canadian dealership told me they can't sell to us customers. Never mind that it's like 10k is cheaper

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
49 Posts
I'm really tempted to get myself a Canadian ex+ and bring it to America. I'll just have to find someone Canadian to buy it for me, as a Canadian dealership told me they can't sell to us customers. Never mind that it's like 10k is cheaper
In theory I agree. EX+ covers the most of my must have features
I don’t think it’s so simple to register a Canadian vehicle in the US
You’ll pay double sales tax (US/CA) so I don’t think there will be any savings

·
Registered
17 Posts
It pays to do it just because of the features, not only the pricing. So getting it cheaper would be a bonus, but even if not is fine too.
Although why would I pay us sales tax? All I see if import tax which seems to me to be 2.5% which still isnt that much. Am I wrong?

21 - 40 of 76 Posts