Kia Carnival Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
It pays to do it just because of the features, not only the pricing. So getting it cheaper would be a bonus, but even if not is fine too.
Although why would I pay us sales tax? All I see if import tax which seems to me to be 2.5% which still isnt that much. Am I wrong?
A family member is married to a Canadian, but they decided to sell her car in Canada rather than trying to import it stateside. I remember them saying it was a huge headache and hassle. I don't know all the details.

Also, Canadian cars will have kilometers per hour as the more prominent numbers on the speedometer. I would find that very annoying for a daily driver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One thing to add that is annoying is that the upgraded 12.3" screen doesn't work with wireless Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. So if you upgrade to the Prestige and get the bigger screen, you lose the wireless connectivity for that as well. I don't know why upgrading to a larger screen removes the ability to do wireless CarPlay or Android Auto.

Weren't the early indications that the Carnival would be offered in AWD as well?

·
Registered
72 Posts
One thing to add that is annoying is that the upgraded 12.3" screen doesn't work with wireless Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. So if you upgrade to the Prestige and get the bigger screen, you lose the wireless connectivity for that as well. I don't know why upgrading to a larger screen removes the ability to do wireless CarPlay or Android Auto.

Weren't the early indications that the Carnival would be offered in AWD as well?
A little clarification here. In the US, the EX, SX and SX Prestige all come with a 12.3" infotainment screen. What's unique to the SX Prestige is that the traditional instrument cluster (speedo, tach in circle shapes and a small screen between) is replaced by a fully digital 12.3" screen.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Odyssey
49 Posts
It pays to do it just because of the features, not only the pricing. So getting it cheaper would be a bonus, but even if not is fine too.
Although why would I pay us sales tax? All I see if import tax which seems to me to be 2.5% which still isnt that much. Am I wrong?
If you have a Canadian buy it then you pay sales tax when he will sell it to you

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone know if the ottoman seats in the SX prestige can be moved forward against the backrest of the front seats to allow more cargo room? How far can it be moved and tilt-folded/ forward to allow ingress to the 3rd row and for ore cargo space? I have seen videos for moving the 2nd row seats for the 8 seater to allow ingress to the 3rd row but none for the ottoman seats (which are power operated). I saw a video for 2021 Toyota Sienna FWD Ltd with similar ottoman seats (although manually operated) and it can be slided forward against the front seat backrest similar to the non-ottoman 2nd row seats - maximum distance of of 6ft from the rear trunk to the back of the 2nd row seats. I am wondering if the seat capacity and movement is similar for the 2022 Kia Carnival ottoman seats.

Looks like the 7 seater ottoman SX prestige trim will come with all the bells and whistles but a compromized cargo flexibility.

·
Registered
76 Posts
A little clarification here. In the US, the EX, SX and SX Prestige all come with a 12.3" infotainment screen. What's unique to the SX Prestige is that the traditional instrument cluster (speedo, tach in circle shapes and a small screen between) is replaced by a fully digital 12.3" screen.
According to all spec sheets, media, etc this is supposed to be the case. But if you look at the SX Prestiges that are coming in, they do not have the 12.3" fully digital dash screen. In another thread I talked about the debacle of the standard features and options and my response from Kia corporate. Also, the "SX Prestiges" coming in have 8 passenger seating and no sunroofs. Basically, it's a SX but being labeled as a Prestige.

Examples where VINs show as SX Prestige (with pictures):

·
Registered
2017 Sedona SXL // 2018 Stinger GT2 RWD
12 Posts
According to all spec sheets, media, etc this is supposed to be the case. But if you look at the SX Prestiges that are coming in, they do not have the 12.3" fully digital dash screen. In another thread I talked about the debacle of the standard features and options and my response from Kia corporate. Also, the "SX Prestiges" coming in have 8 passenger seating and no sunroofs. Basically, it's a SX but being labeled as a Prestige.

Examples where VINs show as SX Prestige (with pictures):
yeah. Most are being mislabeled for some reason. If the MSRP isn’t over $47k, it’s NOT a prestige, just an SX. There only seems to be about 4-5 legitimate ones out there, all east coast. The legitimate ones do have sunroofs, digital dash, and 7 passenger VIP seating in 2nd row.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah. Most are being mislabeled for some reason. If the MSRP isn’t over $47k, it’s NOT a prestige, just an SX. There only seems to be about 4-5 legitimate ones out there, all east coast. The legitimate ones do have sunroofs, digital dash, and 7 passenger VIP seating in 2nd row.
Have you seen any pictures of the 4-5 you've found?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I found an SX Prestige with the color/seat combo we were looking for but was wondering if anyone knew whether or not the trailer hitch was a port installed option or if it needed to come from the MFR installed? If it's port installed that means the dealer (or I) can install it.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
34 Posts
I think it's a vin issue, SX and SXP both have "E" on the fifth character - this must be a manufacturing error because SX is supposed be "D". Since computer systems decode vin according to the same rules, all the order form, website etc. became SXP. I wonder how this affects insurance, DMV and all the other systems.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There are 2 features I cannot confirm as being available in Canada: remote start and rear DVD entertainment monitors.

That said, I do appreciate that Canadian versions are equipped with heated windshield and heated washer nozzles for our cold winters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah. Kia is offering those 2 features (surround view monitor, 12.3 digital gauge cluster plus blind view monitor) in the EX+ trim in Canada. No sunroof though (even a single glass pane) and the Bose speaker system is researved for the top SX trim which has the VIP lounge seats I really don't want (will be prone to break down with expensive repairs/failures since it is power operated, besides the fact that it is non configurable, non removable and limits cargo capacity). Personally, I will give up the extra luxury items in the top trim (than accept the VIP seats) so as to gain the seat flexibility in the 8 seater.

Which brings me to the question: did Kia conduct, during the design phase, customer opinion surveys on what feasures minivan buyers really really really need/prioritize in the top trim? I am sure one of them won't be the non configurable non removable VIP lounge seats.
Here in theU.S there is no mention of a EX+, only EX. What is the upcharge for an EX+ over an EX if they even offer it here?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looking at some of the listing for SX's for sale that have actual photos, it looks like the crashpad garnish on the dash does not match what the online Build Configurator shows, or what the Features & Options sheet shows.

The SX trim should have the "Satin chrome with 3D emboss crashpad garnish", but in the photos I'm seeing it has the standard "Hydro graphic wood grain crashpad garnish"

Example of SX with the hydro-wood garnish.

Link: New 2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige

And here's what it should be:

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are 2 features I cannot confirm as being available in Canada: remote start and rear DVD entertainment monitors.

That said, I do appreciate that Canadian versions are equipped with heated windshield and heated washer nozzles for our cold winters.
I would say it's a safe bet that remote start will be included with at least the LX+ trim as the key would have power doors and tailgate already on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another useful feature that is not offered in North Americal versions (but in South Korea) is engine Idle stop/go (ISG).

I am surprised Kia skipped this as it has become fairly commonplace in newer cars, even more so for behemoth fuel inefficient Minivans such as the Carnival.

There is an empty knob for this near the console so I am suspecting it will be added at a later model year.

No rain sensing wipers too on any trim which the competition offers.

A heads-up display (HUD) would have been nice touch (wishful thinking here); the new Sienna offers this in the US (platinum trim).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow no rain sensing wipers, pretty basic stuff that should be included in the upper level trims. Seems like the only way they're under cutting the competition is by cutting features. What a bummer.

They offer HUD on the top trim Telluride. I have HUD on my 2017 Mazda CX-9 and enjoy it, but it's not a must have. Would have much preferred the paddle shifters that overseas models get.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Given the pricing at or above MSRP, lack of general availability for at least the next 3 months, and key features missing or changed, we are reconsidering our purchase and postponing to next year. Hopefully by then, they will have sorted out the options and availability. I was really psyched to get the Carnival but one thing after another has led to disappointment.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts