Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Sedona hitch will not work. However, Curt Mfg is now advertising a hitch for the Carnival. I have ordered it and am waiting for it to ship in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Sedona hitch will not work. However, Curt Mfg is now advertising a hitch for the Carnival. I have ordered it and am waiting for it to ship in.
Please keep us posted if it works. Also if you have a link to said company for the hitch you ordered, could you please provide it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Please keep us posted if it works. Also if you have a link to said company for the hitch you ordered, could you please provide it?
Got a link?
[/QUOTE
Got a link?
No link, sorry. It was emailed to me by the dealership’s parts department. I think it’s time that Kia loaded accessories pics to their website like the Australian Kia site that was referenced on this forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No link, sorry. It was emailed to me by the dealership’s parts department. I think it’s time that Kia loaded accessories pics to their website like the Australian Kia site that was referenced on this forum.
Okay thank you!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, I ordered my hitch from a local Curt Dealer 2 weeks ago. They stated today they have no idea when it will ship. At this point, I believe Curt advertised a product they do not even have yet. Maybe they wanted to see the demand before they went to the trouble of manufacturing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, I ordered my hitch from a local Curt Dealer 2 weeks ago. They stated today they have no idea when it will ship. At this point, I believe Curt advertised a product they do not even have yet. Maybe they wanted to see the demand before they went to the trouble of manufacturing?
I just looked into the link shared above and it says that I wouldn’t get it until October 20th!! At this point I may have better chances waiting for them to start getting manufactured elsewhere. Thankfully I’m in no rush for it…yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called them and they said it would be a couple of days for them to get it and then another 2-3 days to ship. so the end of next week.
My goodness! It looks like someone is price gouging! I purchased mine at AutoAccessoriesGarage.com for $217.99, and I only waited two weeks to get it, and I'm thrilled with it!
Curt part #13478

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I ordered the CURT hitch from etrailer, received it last week shipped in a taped plastic bag. Needless to say, it was scuffed down to the metal. I'm in New England and I refuse to accept a brand new hitch with exposed metal- a rust nightmare come winter with road salt. Spoke to etrailer and they were supposed to send a replacement IN A BOX along with a return label for the original. Fast forward to today, I received the replacement- also shipped in a taped plastic bag. And again, scuffed to the metal. I'm irritated as I was planning to take bikes on our camping trip next week....

Anyhow- etrailer customer service is sending me two boxes to ship back, but told me they would not send me another hitch. Funny. I'll send the damaged hitches back once I receive the boxes and assume I'll get a refund. I just finished placing an order from AutoAccessoriesGarage as recommended on this forum, hoping for better luck!

And apologies for the rant- just hoping to save someone else the headache that I'm dealing with.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So I ordered the CURT hitch from etrailer, received it last week shipped in a taped plastic bag. Needless to say, it was scuffed down to the metal. I'm in New England and I refuse to accept a brand new hitch with exposed metal- a rust nightmare come winter with road salt. Spoke to etrailer and they were supposed to send a replacement IN A BOX along with a return label for the original. Fast forward to today, I received the replacement- also shipped in a taped plastic bag. And again, scuffed to the metal. I'm irritated as I was planning to take bikes on our camping trip next week....

Anyhow- etrailer customer service is sending me two boxes to ship back, but told me they would not send me another hitch. Funny. I'll send the damaged hitches back once I receive the boxes and assume I'll get a refund. I just finished placing an order from AutoAccessoriesGarage as recommended on this forum, hoping for better luck!

And apologies for the rant- just hoping to save someone else the headache that I'm dealing with.
My goodness! It looks like someone is price gouging! I purchased mine at AutoAccessoriesGarage.com for $217.99, and I only waited two weeks to get it, and I'm thrilled with it!
Curt part #13478
View attachment 322
Did you install it yourself? Was it hard? Where did you get the hitch cover or did it come with it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok after some horrible etrailer shipments followed by a stellar autopartsaccessories experience, I finally got around to installing.

installation was a little tricky (for me) when it came to the passenger side bolts. The muffler is a bear to work around and required some creative problem solving. Got it sorted eventually, and after adding together trial & error and actual work- it probably took around 45 mins.

one quick note…. After reading another poster mentioning that the plastic cover didn’t need as much trimmed off (per the instructions), I improvised a bit. Instead of cutting off the entire corner as instructed, I took to the ol’ Dremel and cut out an opening. Aside from a tiny (~two millimeter) notch I had to make, the hole worked like a charm. Added bonus is that I was able to use all six retaining screws in the plastic because I didn’t have to cut one out.

Also the hitch did not come with a cover. It is totally open on the back-side of the hitch ‘tunnel’ so it should drain water/debris really well. Regardless I have an old rubber U-Haul cover I’ll put on for now.

Below- First image is of the instructions noting the corner to cut off. Second image is the plastic cover with a hole cut out as opposed to lopping off the entire corner. Next images are the installed hitch with plastic cover re-attached. Overall I’m very happy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts