Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
How much did you pay for your hitch? I bought mine from AutoAccessoriesGarage. It hasn't come yet. I'm going to have someone install it since I have no clue what I'll be doing and I don't have the tools to trim that plastic underbody.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok after some horrible etrailer shipments followed by a stellar autopartsaccessories experience, I finally got around to installing.

installation was a little tricky (for me) when it came to the passenger side bolts. The muffler is a bear to work around and required some creative problem solving. Got it sorted eventually, and after adding together trial & error and actual work- it probably took around 45 mins.

one quick note…. After reading another poster mentioning that the plastic cover didn’t need as much trimmed off (per the instructions), I improvised a bit. Instead of cutting off the entire corner as instructed, I took to the ol’ Dremel and cut out an opening. Aside from a tiny (~two millimeter) notch I had to make, the hole worked like a charm. Added bonus is that I was able to use all six retaining screws in the plastic because I didn’t have to cut one out.

Also the hitch did not come with a cover. It is totally open on the back-side of the hitch ‘tunnel’ so it should drain water/debris really well. Regardless I have an old rubber U-Haul cover I’ll put on for now.

Below- First image is of the instructions noting the corner to cut off. Second image is the plastic cover with a hole cut out as opposed to lopping off the entire corner. Next images are the installed hitch with plastic cover re-attached. Overall I’m very happy.
View attachment 394 View attachment 395 View attachment 396 View attachment 397

Thank you for the helpful photos!

Would you be able to take a wide angle shot of the rear and also side-on so I can see just how visible the hitch is? Every photo I've found is a close up, but I'm trying to gauge the overall appearance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's a great job! I followed the instructions which I agree cut off too much! I ended up pulling two exhaust hangers to give me more room for the install.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Would you be able to take a wide angle shot of the rear and also side-on so I can see just how visible the hitch is? Every photo I've found is a close up, but I'm trying to gauge the overall appearance.
Here's some pics I took of mine
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire Vehicle door Automotive exterior
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Plant Hood

·
Registered
6 Posts

Ok after some horrible etrailer shipments followed by a stellar autopartsaccessories experience, I finally got around to installing.

installation was a little tricky (for me) when it came to the passenger side bolts. The muffler is a bear to work around and required some creative problem solving. Got it sorted eventually, and after adding together trial & error and actual work- it probably took around 45 mins.

one quick note…. After reading another poster mentioning that the plastic cover didn’t need as much trimmed off (per the instructions), I improvised a bit. Instead of cutting off the entire corner as instructed, I took to the ol’ Dremel and cut out an opening. Aside from a tiny (~two millimeter) notch I had to make, the hole worked like a charm. Added bonus is that I was able to use all six retaining screws in the plastic because I didn’t have to cut one out.

Also the hitch did not come with a cover. It is totally open on the back-side of the hitch ‘tunnel’ so it should drain water/debris really well. Regardless I have an old rubber U-Haul cover I’ll put on for now.

Below- First image is of the instructions noting the corner to cut off. Second image is the plastic cover with a hole cut out as opposed to lopping off the entire corner. Next images are the installed hitch with plastic cover re-attached. Overall I’m very happy.
View attachment 394 View attachment 395 View attachment 396 View attachment 397

Can you advise me what wiring harness to buy and from whom? I got the Curt hitch you recommended.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts