Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I work in parts @ a KIA dealer in New Orleans. I'm happy to answer any questions I can.
Any idea when we'll get details on the U.S. model? My wife and I have been waiting since June to decide which minivan we buy to replace our aging 2009 Sienna, ever since we found the new Carnival would be potentially be released here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any idea when we'll get details on the U.S. model? My wife and I have been waiting since June to decide which minivan we buy to replace our aging 2009 Sienna, ever since we found the new Carnival would be potentially be released here.
I'll look in the sales portal. Doubt if we have info on 2022 models yet.

·
Super Moderator
331 Posts
Maybe news to me but the document shows a 3.5L Lambda III @ 290HP. I assume "lamda" is just a spelling mistake. But, the bigger news is the Lambda "III" engine? Anyone have more info about this engine?

·
Super Moderator
331 Posts
Maybe news to me but the document shows a 3.5L Lambda III @ 290HP. I assume "lamda" is just a spelling mistake. But, the bigger news is the Lambda "III" engine? Anyone have more info about this engine?
To answer my own question, they are calling the Lambda III engine the same as the Smartstream 3.5 gasoline engine.

"The Smartstream G3.5 is a 6-cylinder engine for FWD based applications; the Smartstream G3.5 GDi makes 294 PS (290 hp; 216 kW) at 6,400 rpm and 36.2 kg⋅m (262 lb⋅ft; 355 N⋅m) of torque at 5,200 rpm." Hyundai Smartstream engine - Wikipedia

Looks like it should be around 21-22mpg combined.

More information about the Smartstream Engine (aka Lambda III)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Spoke w a dealer in Texas (DFW area), was checking out the Telluride. He mentioned that they had a meeting yesterday (Jan 28) and basically confirmed early March for when the Carnival will hit the dealerships.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Spoke w a dealer in Texas (DFW area), was checking out the Telluride. He mentioned that they had a meeting yesterday (Jan 28) and basically confirmed early March for when the Carnival will hit the dealerships.
Was he willing to share any details like pricing or features?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was he willing to share any details like pricing or features?
Not really. Didn’t seem to know off the top of his head. Sounds like it was just a preliminary meeting for the sales staff to start getting up to speed with it. Confirmed that it’s going to be called the Carnival. Was very surprised that I knew that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts