Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're still quite a bit away from the new Sedona's release but here's some information that I've found on what to expect when it comes out.

Pricing:
  • LX: $32,000 (est)
  • EX: $35,000 (est)
  • SX: $43,000 (est)
Engine:
The currently Sedona has a 3.3L V6 but it could easily get the 3.8L V6 that's in the Telluride.

Interior:
Based on the photo of the interior the Sedona is getting things like a new rotary shift knob, a large center console, and a dual-screen infotainment system with a digital gauge display.

Safety Features:
Safety features should include Standard automated emergency braking with pedestrian detection, Standard lane-departure warning with lane-keeping assist and Available adaptive cruise control.

Warranty:
The standard Kia warranty should cover the Sedona as well.
  • Limited warranty covers five years or 60,000 miles
  • Powertrain warranty covers 10 years or 100,000 miles
  • No complimentary scheduled maintenance

·
Registered
13 Posts
I heard that most of the world is getting a diesel engine option that will not be available in the United States and Canada.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We're still quite a bit away from the new Sedona's release but here's some information that I've found on what to expect when it comes out.

Pricing:
Engine:
The currently Sedona has a 3.3L V6 but it could easily get the 3.8L V6 that's in the Telluride.

Interior:
Based on the photo of the interior the Sedona is getting things like a new rotary shift knob, a large center console, and a dual-screen infotainment system with a digital gauge display.

Safety Features:
Safety features should include Standard automated emergency braking with pedestrian detection, Standard lane-departure warning with lane-keeping assist and Available adaptive cruise control.

Warranty:
Thanks for the info Van Man. I am very interested in the new Sedona!!

Where did you get this info from, specifically they pricing estimates?

Also, do we have any idea on when it'll be available in the US?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the info Van Man. I am very interested in the new Sedona!!

Where did you get this info from, specifically they pricing estimates?

Also, do we have any idea on when it'll be available in the US?
I have seen some new Sedona pricing estimates like that from some automotive publications. Its based off of current vehicles like from other automakers and how it fits into Kia's line up. So i'd say its close to the official price.

As for availability, we might have to wait for the 2022 model year.

Fortunately U.S. Sedona sales numbers are decent enough for Kia to offer the next-gen model.
When were you planning to get it?

2020 Kia Sedona sales figures (USA)
January1,0421,3481.012
February1,2351,1441.416
March1,5141,3671.180
April1,4851,067705
May2,5251,4601.482
June2,5871,3921.219
July1,5671,3561.036
August1,8511.5321.036
September1,0509101.045
October1,0101.341
November9361.463
December1,1261,551
Total17.92815.93110.131

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hopefully it gets here sooner than later! We're probably going to need a minivan by mid next year. The Odyssey is the defacto choice right now, but the new Sedona definitely looks better inside & out.

VERY eager to hear more about the Sedona and get to see it in person so we can make a decision on our next car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hopefully it gets here sooner than later! We're probably going to need a minivan by mid next year. The Odyssey is the defacto choice right now, but the new Sedona definitely looks better inside & out.

VERY eager to hear more about the Sedona and get to see it in person so we can make a decision on our next car.
The wait will be worth it!

Have you seen the all-new 2021 Toyota Sienna?

·
Registered
97 Posts
The wait will be worth it!

Have you seen the all-new 2021 Toyota Sienna?

View attachment 56
View attachment 57
I've watched a few review videos of the new Sienna. It definitely is a contender, but wife is not keen on the looks like she is with the new Sedona.

Plus, we were originally going for a lightly used car (~2 years old), but once we heard about this upcoming Sedona we were so attracted to it that we're willing to buy it new. If the Sedona doesn't get here in time we'll very likely revert back to our original plan of getting a lightly used minivan.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was down in the San Diego area this weekend and I am 100% sure I saw the new Sedona pass by in the opposite direction on the highway. 100% sure!!

Might have to reach out to a few dealers in my area to see if they have any info on when a few display models will show up on the lots. Seems like it'll be sooner rather than later. Getting excited!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do we have any idea what the cargo room will be behind the third row? The smaller cargo room was a deal breaker for us with the current generation, but if it's comparable to the other minivans on the market, it may replace the Odyssey as our top choice when we replace our 2009 Sienna in the spring (hoping this will be close to release by then!).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do we have any idea what the cargo room will be behind the third row? The smaller cargo room was a deal breaker for us with the current generation, but if it's comparable to the other minivans on the market, it may replace the Odyssey as our top choice when we replace our 2009 Sienna in the spring (hoping this will be close to release by then!).
Great question, and glad to hear others are eager to learn more about the new Carnival!

Here's a great video comparing the new Carnival to the current Odyssey, including cargo room. Looks pretty good to be!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great question, and glad to hear others are eager to learn more about the new Carnival!

Here's a great video comparing the new Carnival to the current Odyssey, including cargo room. Looks pretty good to be!

Thanks. I've seen that video before and been eagerly looking for any and all information on the new Sedona/Carnival. You can see in the video around the 1:20 mark she says the Odyssey has more cargo room. I'm holding out hope it's not too significant or the US Spec version has more. ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks. I've seen that video before and been eagerly looking for any and all information on the new Sedona/Carnival. You can see in the video around the 1:20 mark she says the Odyssey has more cargo room. I'm holding out hope it's not too significant or the US Spec version has more. ?
Looking at the suitcase comparison in that video the difference seems marginal. For me, that difference is not a deal breaker.

What might be an issue is if it doesn't have a similar level of flexibility when it comes to seat movement. We already know it won't have the fuel efficiency of the new Sienna or Pacifica Hybrid, and we haven't had any indication of all-wheel drive (again like the Sienna or Pacifica), but for everything else the new Carnival looks the business!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking at the suitcase comparison in that video the difference seems marginal. For me, that difference is not a deal breaker.

What might be an issue is if it doesn't have a similar level of flexibility when it comes to seat movement. We already know it won't have the fuel efficiency of the new Sienna or Pacifica Hybrid, and we haven't had any indication of all-wheel drive (again like the Sienna or Pacifica), but for everything else the new Carnival looks the business!
Gas prices being so low, thankfully that's not as big of a deal as it used to be. But for a family of seven like mine, those potential six inches less depth behind the third row could be a deal breaker. Hopefully they'll announce more information soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
@SK77X also wishing it will have all-wheel drive. The vin decoder and other posts though seem to dim my hopes. It's a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
@ben2ee Sorry to say but from everything I've read and watched AWD is not on the cards for the new Carnival unfortunately.

So for you it's either the Chrysler Pacifica or the new Toyota Sienna.. or an SUV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shame they built this on a Telluride platform and left out AWD. Agree Pacifica and Sienna are my AWD options. I'm not a big fan of the 3 row SUVs. I prefer the minivan. So much nicer all around (maybe except in looks). The Sienna is not attractive at all to me but does have a hybrid motor which is nice. I found the Pacifica 2nd row seats uncomfortable. The top of the seat is so close to the floor anyone but a small child (ours aren't any longer) would have their knees way up high.
l
The Sedona/Carnival is reasonably attractive to me and AWD notwithstanding looks well designed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know what is going on with the grill? The reviews of the Carnival in Korea and the introduction videos show the grill to have like a diamond pattern. Then others have rectangles which I really don't like. Any thoughts if the trim line will decide that or does Korea get the nicer grill? Will we be able to swap it out to customize it?

Also, I saw somewhere that the release date is suspected to be March, April, May her in the USA. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
@Cheryl , I don't know what's going on with the grille, but I'm with you, I like the diamond pattern more as it gives off a more sophisticated look. I'm slowly warming up to the new chocolate block (rectangles) design, but not liking how it's bowed-in/concaved. ...BUT, it seems like we're getting that grille design. I think it was done to better match with their new company branding (more edgy and youthful). I imagine you could swap it out for the diamond pattern if you can get your hands on one. I think my first choice to remedy the updated grille design is to give it a matte black finish to dull the shiny disco ball effect when light hits it.

I sure hope the new Carnival arrives here sooner than later!!! Eagerly awaiting more solid news. I have a contact at my local dealer, but even he doesn't have anything about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Pricing:
Engine:

Interior:

Safety Features:

Warranty:
Now that the Australia version is out, the pricing conversion has me wondering how they'll handle trims and US pricing. Leather, leatherette becomes standard around $38,000 for U.S. competitor models.

Model / AUD / USD conversion:

S / $43,190 / $33,328
Si / $48,690 / $37,572
SLi / $53,190 / $41,044
Platinum / $60,990 / $47,063

For comparison:
Honda Odyssey: $31,790, $35,100, $38460, $42,500, $47,820
Toyota Sienna: $34,460, $39,750, $42,000, $46,700, $49,900
Chrysler Pacifica: $35,045, $38,145, $45,795, $50,795

·
Registered
97 Posts
Kia Set To Reveal Brand-New MPV This Month

Could it be the new Carnival?

Kia finally revealed its new logo and slogan last month, which means that we're a step closer to seeing some of the new vehicles that the brand is bringing to our shores in the near future. One of those vehicles is the Sedona, which will now be known as the Carnival. We know that its reveal is imminent thanks to spy shots showing the vehicle in California, but its exact launch date had yet to be confirmed. Until now. Kia announced this week that the press reveal of a new MPV would happen on February 23 and all our Spidey senses tell us that MPV will be the all-new Carnival.

We don't have many details on the launch besides the aforementioned date and the time: 11 AM PST/2 PM EST.

Full article: Kia Set To Reveal Brand-New MPV This Month

1 - 20 of 21 Posts