Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
2023. I had them send me the order details just to make sure the year, specs, etc we’re all correct and they are. Yeah it’s crazy, I was super downed when I got interested in the carnival about a month ago and read the forum, but I guess I got lucky or started shopping for one at the right time! Haha
My understanding is that the dealer allocation is what all of the order acceptance by Kia and delivery times are tied to. Saying that sounds like your order was placed at a dealership were they didn’t really have any or little orders in front of you. It is my understanding that allocations are based on sales to an extent, so if your dealer is allocated for example 3 Carnivals a month and you were one of those 3 when you placed your order than hypothetically you could place and order and get it very quickly. Or there was a dealer order that matches what you wanted and it was in there allocation already and boom lucky you

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is a 2023 SX and here is a 2022 SX. The Base price did not change, they just moved out the Rear Entertainment as an additional package adding $1000 to overall price of SX.
but like I posted earlier, now the 2023 SX has the 12.3” driver display. The 2022 has the analog speed/tach and a small 3-4” display. So essentially this new 12.3” display is now a $1,000 included/non-optional upgrade.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
but like I posted earlier, now the 2023 SX has the 12.3” driver display. The 2022 has the analog speed/tach and a small 3-4” display. So essentially this new 12.3” display is now a $1,000 included/non-optional upgrade.
I wish I could have the entertainment system removed by the dealership and save the $1,000. But they are saying they can’t do it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wish I could have the entertainment system removed by the dealership and save the $1,000. But they are saying they can’t do it.
That sucks. Yeah I read that somewhere else too that once you had an order for a 2022 that it moves automatically to 2023 and you can’t make any changes. Seems that’s true. Guess it makes some sense in that if you had your order in and at Kia factory it’s somewhat in progress to be scheduled to be built or actually being built and then 2023 comes out and lots of people want to make changes it would get tough for them (although I’m sure they’d find people who want others’ old orders since so much demand and people don’t want to wait).

·
Registered
21 Posts
From what I have read on these forums being able to order a SXP with the 2nd row “bench” was something that a lot of people would like to do. When you are going to wait months for a order seems like the responsible thing for dealers to do would be to call people and give them to opportunity to change their order with 2023 specs, with the understanding that this restarts your wait time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
From what I have read on these forums being able to order a SXP with the 2nd row “bench” was something that a lot of people would like to do. When you are going to wait months for a order seems like the responsible thing for dealers to do would be to call people and give them to opportunity to change their order with 2023 specs, with the understanding that this restarts your wait time.
Lol when I went to multiple dealers I had to tell them the 2023s came with second row bench as standard across all trims….none of them even knew
Same when I changed mine the dealer didn’t even realize that was an option, it was the day after the Kia website changes to the 2023. Seems little crazy…

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I was is this situation, wanting to change my order, I would just place a new order for the one you want. Normally the original order is a refundable deposit anyway. And if it’s like what happened to me your new order will be filled quickly with a 6 week ETA, and you can simple cancel the older order knowing your new updated 2023 model is coming soon anyway. And if your old order comes sooner, and no News of the new one, then decide then

21 - 29 of 29 Posts