Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have word on Carnival 2023 models and options?

My dealer is supposedly getting an 8-seat 2023 SXP (without VIP seat option) in the next two weeks. But I can't confirm anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like Kia quietly updated their website for 2023 models.
Both VIP Seats (SXP) and rear-seat entertainment (SX, SXP) are OPTIONS at their respective levels.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow, looks like they did a good job of offering the 8 seater with all the top level features and the middle seats can now be reversed. Hope that’s not a typo for the North America market.

i was hoping for a massaging drivers seat and the thigh extender. Oh well😢

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
38 Posts
Both VIP Seats (SXP) and rear-seat entertainment (SX, SXP) are OPTIONS at their respective levels.
Can’t believe they did no cost for the VIP lounge seats, wow. Makes me almost regret buying what I did!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, looks like they did a good job of offering the 8 seater with all the top level features and the middle seats can now be reversed. Hope that’s not a typo for the North America market.

i was hoping for a massaging drivers seat and the thigh extender. Oh well😢
I wish they extended the Heating and Ventilation to second row with 8 seat configuration. Perhaps the removal part of the second row might be a hassle with the additional wiring and hvac connections.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Can’t believe they did no cost for the VIP lounge seats, wow. Makes me almost regret buying what I did!
The VIP lounge seats are no cost?? I thought they would charge for those and the no cost option would be standard captain chairs with arm rests. Am I reading the spec sheet correct that the SXP can be equipped with the the reversible 8 seater, standard captain chairs, and the VIP lounge seats? So 3 middle row seating options?

·
Registered
44 Posts
The VIP lounge seats are no cost?? I thought they would charge for those and the no cost option would be standard captain chairs with arm rests. Am I reading the spec sheet correct that the SXP can be equipped with the the reversible 8 seater, standard captain chairs, and the VIP lounge seats? So 3 middle row seating options?
The MSRP is pretty much same as 2022. They should have actually lowered the base MSRP and then add $ value to VIP Seats package; just like how they did it with Entertainment package. Otherwise we would be paying more than 2022 lol.

The way they set it up, there is no $ difference between 7 or 8. Still better than 2022 since we now have a option to choose what we like.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The MSRP is pretty much same as 2022. They should have actually lowered the base MSRP and then add $ value to VIP Seats package; just like how they did it with Entertainment package. Otherwise we would be paying more than 2022 lol.

The way they set it up, there is no $ difference between 7 or 8. Still better than 2022 since we now have a option to choose what we like.
i wonder how much to add the rear seat entertainment screens are going to be in Canada.

Canadian website still shows carnival
Model as 2022.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
603 Posts
This really is awesome, but good luck to anyone trying to buy one. The supply/demand curve is still completely out of balance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This really is awesome, but good luck to anyone trying to buy one. The supply/demand curve is still completely out of balance.
Agree! It may take a while for things to get normal. One dealer in Houston quoted 20K adjustment and 2.5K dealer adds. Haven't laughed so much in quite some time.

I welcome these changes though. Entertainment package is believed to be one of the item that is short and moving it out to a package means that they can produce a bit more Cars for folks that really don't need it. It may ease things a little bit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agree! It may take a while for things to get normal. One dealer in Houston quoted 20K adjustment and 2.5K dealer adds. Haven't laughed so much in quite some time.

I welcome these changes though. Entertainment package is believed to be one of the item that is short and moving it out to a package means that they can produce a bit more Cars for folks that really don't need it. It may ease things a little bit.
I'm in Houston, was it Freddy Kia with the crazy markup so I can avoid. Once the trim for the 8 seater SXP opens up I'll be placing an order hopefully with Fort Bend Kia if they are still doing MSRP and taking orders.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are four new option Codes with 2023 SX-Prestige

010 - Entertainment Package = NO & Seat Configuration = 8
015 - Entertainment Package = Yes & Seat Configuration = 8
020 - Entertainment Package = NO & Seat Configuration = 7
025 - Entertainment Package = Yes & Seat Configuration = 7

·
Registered
97 Posts
There are four new option Codes with 2023 SX-Prestige

010 - Entertainment Package = NO & Seat Configuration = 8
015 - Entertainment Package = Yes & Seat Configuration = 8
020 - Entertainment Package = NO & Seat Configuration = 7
025 - Entertainment Package = Yes & Seat Configuration = 7
So for seating configurations it’s either 8 seater or 7 VIP lounge only? I thought I read 7 non-VIP lounge seats??

1 - 20 of 64 Posts