Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '22 SX Prestige with 14k miles, ordered in August '21, delivery taken in October '21. Thanks to this forum, I was expecting the door recall. It was done by the local dealer when I got the notice in the mail and scheduled the work with them. As far as I know, our car was built after the fuel rail hose recall.

So last week, my wife gets a call that there's a recall on our van, she schedules an appointment for this Friday. She's informed me, then reminded me of this today. I was thinking, why do they know there's a recall and we haven't seen a notice in the mail?

I asked her about it, all she recalls (heh) is that the person on the phone said there was an update to perform. I searched online, the only 2 recalls I see are the fuel rail tube and the door.

Anyone aware of a recall coming down the line that our dealer is just generously addressing for us preemptively? I suspect foul play, and I wouldn't put it past them to disguise an oil change as a "recall" for additional revenue...

· Registered
2022 Carnival EX
47 Posts
I have a '22 SX Prestige with 14k miles, ordered in August '21, delivery taken in October '21. Thanks to this forum, I was expecting the door recall. It was done by the local dealer when I got the notice in the mail and scheduled the work with them. As far as I know, our car was built after the fuel rail hose recall.

So last week, my wife gets a call that there's a recall on our van, she schedules an appointment for this Friday. She's informed me, then reminded me of this today. I was thinking, why do they know there's a recall and we haven't seen a notice in the mail?

I asked her about it, all she recalls (heh) is that the person on the phone said there was an update to perform. I searched online, the only 2 recalls I see are the fuel rail tube and the door.

Anyone aware of a recall coming down the line that our dealer is just generously addressing for us preemptively? I suspect foul play, and I wouldn't put it past them to disguise an oil change as a "recall" for additional revenue...
I know some of the Canadian members of this forum have posted pictures of service bulletins to get a software update to correct an issue that can cause the Carnival to stall or go into "limp mode" when it is really cold. I imagine every Carnival should ultimately get this needed update and Kia will start in the North and gradually move South. Perhaps this is the update they are going to perform?

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know some of the Canadian members of this forum have posted pictures of service bulletins to get a software update to correct an issue that can cause the Carnival to stall or go into "limp mode" when it is really cold. I imagine every Carnival should ultimately get this needed update and Kia will start in the North and gradually move South. Perhaps this is the update they are going to perform?
I just saw that, sounds like what they told her: 1hr, "software update". But it's still fishy: this dealer didn't get our business, we went out of state to buy. And we live in Texas, not exactly the coldest of states! I suspect they'll be asking if we are interested in trading in... or getting serviced at a minimum. They did bill it to her as a recall, which they can probably bill as incompetence on the part of the person calling. I'd call it a tactic if that's what it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts