Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have had our 2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige For a Little Over a year now and have put a little over 33,000 miles on it. So far, mechanically nothing has been an issue although there is something I would like to ask other owners about. The black trim that goes around the drivers window seems to be fading/peeling already. I want to know if any other owners have experienced this yet with their carnival. Our car is garage kept so I would rule out sun-fading. Anyway other than that small gripe, everything seems to be going good. We haven't had a single issue since we had the recall for the fuel rail preformed. The fuel economy bounces around 23-28 mpg depending on what type of driving I'm doing in it. We have gone on around 4 family road trips with it and the reclining chairs in the back work really well for it. Sometimes I would make my 17 year old son drive while I sat in the back watching movies lol. Just thought I would give everyone a little update considering this must be one of the higher mileage Carnivals on the road so far.

PS: Sorry for the car being dirty we just got back from a floating trip today.

EDIT: OH I just remembered a couple of extra things that have happened since we got the car. First of all, the Factory Continental tires that came on it. The car ate through them about 5,000 miles ago on the front. We had them replaced with Goodyear reliants that will hopefully last a little longer. Also a while back we kept noticing a clunk noise coming from the front suspension when turning left. It would only happen once in a blue moon but happened probably 4-5 times and then never came back. We still don't know what caused the clunking noises. It never posed a drivability issue it was just strange.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Gadget Automotive design Home appliance Personal luxury car
Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Grille

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
@Al52025 - Congrats! I think this is the highest single year mileage I've seen for the Carnival. I agree with others that premature wear/discoloration shoudn't be occuring on the trim. It looks to me like the part wasn't painted with a sealcoat (or however they colored it).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Al52025 - Congrats! I think this is the highest single year mileage I've seen for the Carnival. I agree with others that premature wear/discoloration shoudn't be occuring on the trim. It looks to me like the part wasn't painted with a sealcoat (or however they colored it).
Yeah this car sees a lot of use everyday. I drive it back and fourth to work 6/7 days a week and that is nearly 70 miles a day! Not including going out for dinner or other activites such as vacation road trips. And yeah, I agree that this trim shouldnt be looking like this already. I dont really know when it started but I just came out of the store the other day and noticed that it was faded. I dont think its covered under warranty because its just cosmetic. Its just a shame.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Yeah this car sees a lot of use everyday. I drive it back and fourth to work 6/7 days a week and that is nearly 70 miles a day! Not including going out for dinner or other activites such as vacation road trips. And yeah, I agree that this trim shouldnt be looking like this already. I dont really know when it started but I just came out of the store the other day and noticed that it was faded. I dont think its covered under warranty because its just cosmetic. Its just a shame.
I would encourage you to take it to the dealer before the bumper to bumper warranty elapses. Seems really bizarre that it would fade like that.

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
78 Posts
I would encourage you to take it to the dealer before the bumper to bumper warranty elapses. Seems really bizarre that it would fade like that.
And if they deny it, call Kia directly. They probably would like their all new minivan to have a reputation for quality and yours being one of the first to hit that mileage might make them want to help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have had our 2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige For a Little Over a year now and have put a little over 33,000 miles on it. So far, mechanically nothing has been an issue although there is something I would like to ask other owners about. The black trim that goes around the drivers window seems to be fading/peeling already. I want to know if any other owners have experienced this yet with their carnival. Our car is garage kept so I would rule out sun-fading. Anyway other than that small gripe, everything seems to be going good. We haven't had a single issue since we had the recall for the fuel rail preformed. The fuel economy bounces around 23-28 mpg depending on what type of driving I'm doing in it. We have gone on around 4 family road trips with it and the reclining chairs in the back work really well for it. Sometimes I would make my 17 year old son drive while I sat in the back watching movies lol. Just thought I would give everyone a little update considering this must be one of the higher mileage Carnivals on the road so far.

PS: Sorry for the car being dirty we just got back from a floating trip today.

EDIT: OH I just remembered a couple of extra things that have happened since we got the car. First of all, the Factory Continental tires that came on it. The car ate through them about 5,000 miles ago on the front. We had them replaced with Goodyear reliants that will hopefully last a little longer. Also a while back we kept noticing a clunk noise coming from the front suspension when turning left. It would only happen once in a blue moon but happened probably 4-5 times and then never came back. We still don't know what caused the clunking noises. It never posed a drivability issue it was just strange.

View attachment 894
View attachment 897 View attachment 896
I also got the clunking noise, as soon i heard that, i straight away make an appointment for checkup. Apparently the noises was coming from the power steering. As for the fading trim, i didnt see it since i applied a window visor onto it. Just a heads up, if u noticed some issue, go to your kia dealer asap before the warranty ends :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also got the clunking noise, as soon i heard that, i straight away make an appointment for checkup. Apparently the noises was coming from the power steering. As for the fading trim, i didnt see it since i applied a window visor onto it. Just a heads up, if u noticed some issue, go to your kia dealer asap before the warranty ends :)
Did they explain how power steering was making a clunking noise?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
53 Posts
Received mine March 2021, almost 18 months and 33,000 later. I don't have any issue other than a faint moldy smell coming from vent - probably some leaves got caught in the vent somewhere.

No fading on the trims whatsoever. Mine's never garaged in California.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Received mine March 2021, almost 18 months and 33,000 later. I don't have any issue other than a faint moldy smell coming from vent - probably some leaves got caught in the vent somewhere.

No fading on the trims whatsoever. Mine's never garaged in California.
Thank you for the update. 18 months and 33k miles with no issues is a good news.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts