Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a road trip with the family and experienced something weird with the A/C unit, after a couple hundred miles running at 75mph I had to do a full stop due to traffic, the unit started to blow warm air, I set it up to Low to see if it can be the issue and continued the same, I had to turn the unit completely off and turn it up again in Auto with Low temp to fix it... it did it 2 times more during the trip... anyone experienced something similar?... I was reading another Kia forum and apparently the old Sedona do the same to other people, one of them mentioned that after 4 month the dealer finally found the issue within the unit controller, I want to check with you if a similar situation happened to you guys. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
362 Posts
I'm in a road trip with the family and experienced something weird with the A/C unit, after a couple hundred miles running at 75mph I had to do a full stop due to traffic, the unit started to blow warm air, I set it up to Low to see if it can be the issue and continued the same, I had to turn the unit completely off and turn it up again in Auto with Low temp to fix it... it did it 2 times more during the trip... anyone experienced something similar?... I was reading another Kia forum and apparently the old Sedona do the same to other people, one of them mentioned that after 4 month the dealer finally found the issue within the unit controller, I want to check with you if a similar situation happened to you guys. Thanks.
This can be a common issue with car air conditioners, in general. I'm not sure if I'm following your scenario correctly, but the condensers in cars can freeze up, especially if the air is blowing at a low rate. The best way to resolve a frozen condenser is to turn off the AC and let it thaw for a few minutes. When running it, try pushing more air through the system (higher fan speed). If it still freezes up, then work with the servicing department to check the refrigerant levels and the condenser for proper operation. If your scenario is more electronic in nature, then that's a different beast altogether. You can try resetting the ECU (pulling the negative terminal to the battery for a few mins) to see if that helps. You will likely lose all your memory settings across everything and also your engine will go into a relearning mode so MPG may suffer for a 100 miles. Good luck and please report back what you find out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This can be a common issue with car air conditioners, in general. I'm not sure if I'm following your scenario correctly, but the condensers in cars can freeze up, especially if the air is blowing at a low rate. The best way to resolve a frozen condenser is to turn off the AC and let it thaw for a few minutes. When running it, try pushing more air through the system (higher fan speed). If it still freezes up, then work with the servicing department to check the refrigerant levels and the condenser for proper operation. If your scenario is more electronic in nature, then that's a different beast altogether. You can try resetting the ECU (pulling the negative terminal to the battery for a few mins) to see if that helps. You will likely lose all your memory settings across everything and also your engine will go into a relearning mode so MPG may suffer for a 100 miles. Good luck and please report back what you find out.
I will have it check when back at home, but I think that can be more electronic related than condensation. The unit start to work fine turning it off and on again in "auto". I will report back about the issue when further information is available from the inspection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My A/C stopped blowing cold yesterday 09/20/2021. I've had it 3 1/2 months. The blowers work just no cold.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
434 Posts
My 2014 Optima recently started doing something like this, but I haven't had time to get it checked out yet. It has dual zone cooling (driver/passenger), but I have the temp synced across both zones. When set to AUTO, the car cools down to the set temperature, and then the drivers side suddenly stops cooling. The cabin temp quickly starts to rise as a result of the lukewarm air and then the drivers side starts cooling again. This cycle continues and is quite annoying.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My A/C stopped blowing cold yesterday 09/20/2021. I've had it 3 1/2 months. The blowers work just no cold.
Try to put the system in "Auto" and it will start working again, at least that was the procedure I did and worked fine...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts