Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just attempted to vacuum my Carnival yesterday. I tried plugging in a small wet/dry vac and the vacuum wouldn’t turn on. I ended up plugging the vacuum to the house, so the vacuum definitely works. I tried plugging a charger into the Carnival’s outlet, and that didn’t work either.
Is there a button or switch or something that turns on the outlet, or should I get it checked out?

Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
Just attempted to vacuum my Carnival yesterday. I tried plugging in a small wet/dry vac and the vacuum wouldn’t turn on. I ended up plugging the vacuum to the house, so the vacuum definitely works. I tried plugging a charger into the Carnival’s outlet, and that didn’t work either.
Is there a button or switch or something that turns on the outlet, or should I get it checked out?

Thanks
Depends on when you bought it. Some of the early production vehicles didn't have this plug working prior to delivery. Take it to the dealer to get it fixed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Vacuums may take too much power, there should be a little red light right next to the outlet that will blink if it takes too much power and the device will not power on. I have a very small vacuum and it will not work powered by the car. I believe the car has to be running as well, mine needed to run for 3 minutes before the outlets powered up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts