Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have discussed that with a person at Kia.com and at my local Kia Dealership Parts Dept. Consensus: It is just a wiring harness, not an actual hitch. After what I paid for the car, I doubt Kia would sell me a hitch and wiring harness for &179.99.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t know it the factory hitch will be better, but I have seen many, many aftermarket hitches with a ton of rust! I don’t know why these manufacturers can’t use better steel for this application.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just finished the installation of the Curt Receiver Hitch part# 13478 on my new Carnival. It was not easy to install, but it looks great. I purchased the Hitch from AutoAccessoriesGarage for $217.99, free shipping and it to wait 2 weeks to get it because Curt was waiting for them to be fabricated and shipped.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just finished the installation of the Curt Receiver Hitch part# 13478 on my new Carnival. It was not easy to install, but it looks great. I purchased the Hitch from AutoAccessoriesGarage for $217.99, free shipping and it to wait 2 weeks to get it because Curt was waiting for them to be fabricated and shipped.
View attachment 323
Just received my Curt hitch from E trailer.com. Going to install tomorrow. I am using the Kia OEM wiring harness for lights.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is the Kia Hitch. After waiting over a month for the Curt and then being told " We have no idea when it will be in." , I bit the bullet and bought the Kia hitch and wiring harness.
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey, it's not easy for a man of my age and girth to crawl under that car, but I did it. It only took 3 people to pull me back out. As you can see, my son cut off the plastic, as the Kia directions stated (directions were very clear, with great diagrams). He stated it should be cut out to avoid any sharp edges which could rub against the wiring. There is a plug on the car and the wiring simply plugs into it. Very simple, no cutting into any wires. There are threaded holes in the frame with nuts welded onto them. He just needed to screw in the supplied bolts to attach the hitch to the frame. Hope this helps.
Hood Material property Automotive exterior Automotive design Cable
Hood Material property Automotive exterior Automotive design Cable

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.