Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find any yet but will need one installed by approx. April 4th. also can't find any decent mud flaps.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have tried several dealers. There is a wiring harness available, but no hitch. Maybe available in Korea? But think of the shipping charge!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had a pleasant email conversation with a customer service rep at Kia.com. Basically, no one knows when a hitch will be available.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a pleasant email conversation with a customer service rep at Kia.com. Basically, no one knows when a hitch will be available.
Such a bummer. The advertisement shows a Carnival towing Titanic😏

‘So the KIA dealer cannot install if you pay them as add on option?

·
Registered
97 Posts
They cannot install what they do not possess. The only hitch I could find is in Australia. I imagine Kia shipped one over to the US just to film that video.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have discussed that with a person at Kia.com and at my local Kia Dealership Parts Dept. Consensus: It is just a wiring harness, not an actual hitch. After what I paid for the car, I doubt Kia would sell me a hitch and wiring harness for &179.99.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t know it the factory hitch will be better, but I have seen many, many aftermarket hitches with a ton of rust! I don’t know why these manufacturers can’t use better steel for this application.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don’t know it the factory hitch will be better, but I have seen many, many aftermarket hitches with a ton of rust! I don’t know why these manufacturers can’t use better steel for this application.
Curt MFG just put a 2” hitch on their web site for $290. Part #13478.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The photo of the hitch is that of a Sedona hitch, which will not fit the Carnival. I will try and contact Curt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just finished the installation of the Curt Receiver Hitch part# 13478 on my new Carnival. It was not easy to install, but it looks great. I purchased the Hitch from AutoAccessoriesGarage for $217.99, free shipping and it to wait 2 weeks to get it because Curt was waiting for them to be fabricated and shipped.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just finished the installation of the Curt Receiver Hitch part# 13478 on my new Carnival. It was not easy to install, but it looks great. I purchased the Hitch from AutoAccessoriesGarage for $217.99, free shipping and it to wait 2 weeks to get it because Curt was waiting for them to be fabricated and shipped.
View attachment 323
Just received my Curt hitch from E trailer.com. Going to install tomorrow. I am using the Kia OEM wiring harness for lights.

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is the Kia Hitch. After waiting over a month for the Curt and then being told " We have no idea when it will be in." , I bit the bullet and bought the Kia hitch and wiring harness.
Hitch2.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey, it's not easy for a man of my age and girth to crawl under that car, but I did it. It only took 3 people to pull me back out. As you can see, my son cut off the plastic, as the Kia directions stated (directions were very clear, with great diagrams). He stated it should be cut out to avoid any sharp edges which could rub against the wiring. There is a plug on the car and the wiring simply plugs into it. Very simple, no cutting into any wires. There are threaded holes in the frame with nuts welded onto them. He just needed to screw in the supplied bolts to attach the hitch to the frame. Hope this helps.
Hitch5.jpg
Hitch5.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered my Curt from etrailer on Saturday, and it shipped about two hours later! I will have my hitch before my Carnival arrives…!! I’ll post photos once I get it and attach the Curt hitch.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts