Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
Awesome. Thank you and glad you had some helpers pull you back out. I would need a full on D12 to get me back out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where do I order the OEM light kit? And was it plug in play? Thanks.
Google 2022 Kia Carnival trailer wiring harness. You will get several hits and dealers to order factory wiring. Yes plug and play. Under the cover you remove to mount the hitch on the drivers side is the vehicle wiring harness with a dead end plug with a removable cap. You remove the plug cap and plug in the OEM Kia wiring harness. That’s it. The rest is just zip tying the wire leed containing the 4 wire plug to the trailer hitch middle. OEM hitch has a mount for the 4 wire plug to mount on. The Kurt hitch does not have this mount. I just zip tied the 4 wire plug on the outside edge of the left safety chain mount.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any pictures from a littler further away? Some the pictures in the thread make it look like it hangs down really low. It would be nice to have it as hidden as possible.

Does anyone have a 7 point wiring harness installed? Is there a natural spot to attach it to? In the past I installed a Curt hitch on our Sedona (very easy install as is being described above), but the wiring receptacle had to hang below the receiver and scraped the ground when entering certain steep driveways. I'd like to avoid this on our Carnival.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any pictures from a littler further away? Some the pictures in the thread make it look like it hangs down really low. It would be nice to have it as hidden as possible.

Does anyone have a 7 point wiring harness installed? Is there a natural spot to attach it to? In the past I installed a Curt hitch on our Sedona (very easy install as is being described above), but the wiring receptacle had to hang below the receiver and scraped the ground when entering certain steep driveways. I'd like to avoid this on our Carnival.
I forgot to post these before I left on vacation.

·
Registered
160 Posts
This is super helpful. Thank you so much WitchCity!

We're eyeing an Astra Blue SX that coming in about a week and it has the factory tow hitch installed. I'm not particularly keen on it (though conceded it may become useful once the kids are old enough to ride bikes), but due to supply issues, and the fact that I've been following the progress of this car since last September, I'm ready to just buy the darn thing and live with the hitch.

These photos really help give a sense of its size and positioning.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Since Kia is making a big deal with 3500lbs towing capacity even showing it off in advertisements, they should have designed a hitch that is built into the bumper like many other cars. To me it's one of the fails.
This, so much this... I'm holding out hoping one will be produced. I'd even pay to replace the bumper cover.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts