Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Odyssey driver here. I think the Carnival has me converted.

While I would love to be able to remove the second row like the Odyssey (has come in handy a handful of times), I like the extra SX features more, and you can't remove the second row in the SX trim.

Does anybody know what the cargo space is behind the second row, with the second row moved as far forward as possible in the SX? Because I guess that's what I would be dealing with. The website shows me the cargo space behind the first row, and behind third row, but not behind the second row.

Has anybody purchased an SX and regretted it due to the non-removable seats?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
This doesn't directly answer your question, but I'm curious as to which features you need from the SX that you can't get in the EX+? In my opinion, it is the far better value, and all you really sacrifice is the sunroofs. I am jealous that we do not have this trim in the US.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anybody know what the cargo space is behind the second row, with the second row moved as far forward as possible in the SX? Because I guess that's what I would be dealing with. The website shows me the cargo space behind the first row, and behind third row, but not behind the second row.
Motor Trend says there is 86.9 cu ft behind the second row in this test of the US SX Prestige (which would be analogous to your SX with the VIP seats). Presumably that is with the second row in a normal position, so you can probably add some extra cubes to that number if you scoot the seats forward.

That’s 2461 L, if that means more to you in Canada. 😉

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This doesn't directly answer your question, but I'm curious as to which features you need from the SX that you can't get in the EX+? In my opinion, it is the far better value, and all you really sacrifice is the sunroofs. I am jealous that we do not have this trim in the US.
I haven't crunched the value, you might be totally right. Don't care about the sunroof, and I doubt I will often if ever benefit form the recliners, but most of the other stuff I do value - real leather, the bigger blacked wheels, heated and cooled first and second row seats. And this is going to sound dumb but.....the memory seats - wife and I are one foot difference in height. To one-button adjust to our liking is.....convenient.

Call me captain first-world-problems, but I like those features!

Maybe you can get some of those on non-top trims in the US, but not here. Here is our spec sheet

If I could get the EX with the better leather seats, the memory seats, and the black larger wheels - I'd pull the trigger on that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Motor Trend says there is 86.9 cu ft behind the second row in this test of the US SX Prestige (which would be analogous to your SX with the VIP seats). Presumably that is with the second row in a normal position, so you can probably add some extra cubes to that number if you scoot the seats forward.

That’s 2461 L, if that means more to you in Canada. 😉
Thank you!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I haven't crunched the value, you might be totally right. Don't care about the sunroof, and I doubt I will often if ever benefit form the recliners, but most of the other stuff I do value - real leather, the bigger blacked wheels, heated and cooled first and second row seats. And this is going to sound dumb but.....the memory seats - wife and I are one foot difference in height. To one-button adjust to our liking is.....convenient.

Maybe you can get some of those on non-top trims in the US, but not here. Here is our spec sheet

If I could get the EX with the better leather seats, the memory seats, and the black larger wheels - I'd pull the trigger on that.
For us, the wife really wanted the pano sunroofs and I wanted the additional safety tech with the blind spot camera display on the digital dash. Yanking the second row seats out is a once every blue moon affair for us so it wasn’t that big of a loss. I may still try to see what’s involved in the SXP to make that happen. And the kiddos really love the second row VIP seats especially when we are driving a long amount of time. But I totally get where others are coming. Had they made the SX (US) with all the above less the VIP seats we probably would have gone that route.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts

The page didn't load properly on my phone, but I'm pretty sure the wheels are the same size, even if they're not black, but I get it. Those are nice features to have.

·
Registered
2022, ultra silver, SX Carnival
6 Posts
2011 Odyssey driver here. I think the Carnival has me converted.

While I would love to be able to remove the second row like the Odyssey (has come in handy a handful of times), I like the extra SX features more, and you can't remove the second row in the SX trim.

Has anybody purchased an SX and regretted it due to the non-removable seats?
I have a SX in Canada and do not regret the purchase. I value the 2nd row comfort and all the sx added features. I don't anticipate needing to remove the second row for cargo. With the 3rd row down, there is a ton of space. Even with the 3rd row up, the space can handle the baby stroller, a couple of carry on hard bags and a bunch of baby related gear. If you need specific measurements I can bring out the tape measure. Happy shopping!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a SX in Canada and do not regret the purchase. I value the 2nd row comfort and all the sx added features. I don't anticipate needing to remove the second row for cargo. With the 3rd row down, there is a ton of space. Even with the 3rd row up, the space can handle the baby stroller, a couple of carry on hard bags and a bunch of baby related gear. If you need specific measurements I can bring out the tape measure. Happy shopping!
Good to know!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts