Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually managed to obtain a hitch for the Carnival? I ordered one almost a month ago and nothing has shown up. First the Curt Mfg site stated they had it, then they said it was out of stock, and tonight the website states "In Stock".

·
Registered
50 Posts
My hitch from Kia Stuff arrived. I installed it today. A little difficult- had to trim a piece of underside and lower the exhaust hanger temporarily.
IMG_4883.jpg
IMG_4872.jpg
IMG_4884.jpg
IMG_4866.jpg
IMG_4883.jpg
IMG_4872.jpg
IMG_4866.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks much for the photos. Was the hitch made by Curt, or a different company?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks much for the photos. Was the hitch made by Curt, or a different company?
OEM Kia hitch-really expensive but it was the only one available - we are leaving for the summer next week. The etrailer.com one is a better deal but not available until July.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for posting these photos. I am interested in the Carnival and plan to attach a hitch as well. What are your thoughts on the clearance after the hitch is attached? I'm worried that it will ride low and scrape when going down steep curbs. We have this problem on our 2006 Toyota Sienna, and I'm curious as to whether the Carnival will be any better. We just use the hitch to attach a bike rack and it "bottoms out" often while we are driving.

We also have a Toyota Highlander. The hitch for that is "integrated" into the bumper, so it sits higher. Does Kia have that option, or will the hitch be placed under the bumper?

Thx!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for posting these photos. I am interested in the Carnival and plan to attach a hitch as well. What are your thoughts on the clearance after the hitch is attached? I'm worried that it will ride low and scrape when going down steep curbs. We have this problem on our 2006 Toyota Sienna, and I'm curious as to whether the Carnival will be any better. We just use the hitch to attach a bike rack and it "bottoms out" often while we are driving.

We also have a Toyota Highlander. The hitch for that is "integrated" into the bumper, so it sits higher. Does Kia have that option, or will the hitch be placed under the bumper?

Thx!!
Checkout SDJ's post on his hitch installation with more pics under Carnival drawbacks - his hitch clearance came out to over 9 inches and only and inch lower than my concealed bumper level hitch on the Honda Odyssey - the carnival is higher than both the Sienna and the Odyssey to begin with...

That said not sure if it leaves enough clearance. I saw a picture of a hitch from Australia that looks integrated - I might wait to see if the are other options than the current OEM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts