Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
I am thinking to buy one, any suggestion?
My suggestion would be to not buy one. Not because I'm against them, but because there is a rumor that our 12" screens can gain wireless AA/CP via firmware update. So save your money for now and try to be patient. If the update doesn't roll our by year-end, then pull the trigger on a dongle. But beware, if you're planning to use the wireless charger while your phone is connected to AA/CP then it will get extremely hot and could shut down to protect itself from the heat after prolonged usage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My suggestion would be to not buy one. Not because I'm against them, but because there is a rumor that our 12" screens can gain wireless AA/CP via firmware update. So save your money for now and try to be patient. If the update doesn't roll our by year-end, then pull the trigger on a dongle. But beware, if you're planning to use the wireless charger while your phone is connected to AA/CP then it will get extremely hot and could shut down to protect itself from the heat after prolonged usage.
Great advice. I use the AA Wireless dongle, works like a charm. Then again, I don't have wireless charger in my 2017 Santa Fe sport so do not have overheating issues. I personally will not use wireless charger, unless when in a bind but then only for a short time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks for the information, definitely I will wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts