Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an SX-P and am loving it. I noticed while driving last night that the buttons on the ceiling near the map lamps didn’t seem to be illuminated. Is this true for other Carnivals? It seems silly that the buttons for the map lamps and room lamps are not lit up so that you could turn them on in the dark.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, I just tried out my SXP and no lit buttons. Even hit the UVO button by mistake. You are right, they should light up.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
88 Posts
I just picked up an SX-P and am loving it. I noticed while driving last night that the buttons on the ceiling near the map lamps didn’t seem to be illuminated. Is this true for other Carnivals? It seems silly that the buttons for the map lamps and room lamps are not lit up so that you could turn them on in the dark.
If the SX-P doesn't have a feature, then it's highly unlikely any other trim does (wireless Android Auto being the exception).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was wondering the same in my EX. These buttons should illuminate similar to the rear climate controls. Thanks for the confirmation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You have to press the actual light

·
Registered
2017 Sedona SXL // 2018 Stinger GT2 RWD
14 Posts
This seems so crazy. The power doors and tailgate buttons should be up there so both driver snd passenger can access. Another strange oversight. Our SXL has everything up there illuminated. You just press the map lights themselves to turn on. Seems strange to take that functionality away

1 - 7 of 7 Posts