Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just got this SX! Will post picture tomorrow how it looks under the sun
Looking forward to those photos! I'm tossing up between Astra Blue and Flare Red. I was pleasantly surprised by the Red in the metal on a sunny day, but I do like the Tuscan color interior (which isn't offered for Flare Red)....so I'm really hoping the Astra Blue looks good in person so I can get it with the Tuscan interior. I've seen plenty of photos and videos of the color, but can't really decide until I see it for myself.

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
78 Posts
Awesome...my dream car! Let us know was your initial look, feel, and handling was.
I knew the car inside out before getting it. I went 4 times to test drive and read a ton on it.
Look 👍
Feel 👍
Handling 👍
I also have a 2021 Odyssey and plan on posting a detailed comparison in the coming days

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
78 Posts
Looking forward to those photos! I'm tossing up between Astra Blue and Flare Red. I was pleasantly surprised by the Red in the metal on a sunny day, but I do like the Tuscan color interior (which isn't offered for Flare Red)....so I'm really hoping the Astra Blue looks good in person so I can get it with the Tuscan interior. I've seen plenty of photos and videos of the color, but can't really decide until I see it for myself.
We didn’t get any sunshine today :( hopefully tomorrow
What about Ceramic? I liked the ceramic a lot too but couldn’t get it from a fairly priced dealer in my area so that helped with the decision

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah I had a good look at the Ceramic Silver. Initially I wasn't a fan, and referred to it as Wet Concrete, but after seeing it in the metal I began warming up to it. As I looked at more photos and videos of the Ceramic (to convince my wife that it's an attractive color) I slowly began to feel that it wouldn't really age well as a color, that it can tend to look 'flat', and that the color is more suited to either sports cars or more rugged looking SUVs/pick-ups. Also, I go on and on to my wife about how car dull car colors are these days. Go look at any shopping center parking lot and it's almost like you're in a black & white movie. Majority are white, silver, grey, dark grey and black. A light sprinkle of champagne/light gold, and some red/burgundy..and a rare blue car...but the vast majority are dull greyscale colors. ...so yeah, Ceramic is a not go. ...and that's why it's pretty much down to Red or Blue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I knew the car inside out before getting it. I went 4 times to test drive and read a ton on it.
Look 👍
Feel 👍
Handling 👍
I also have a 2021 Odyssey and plan on posting a detailed comparison in the coming days

Would love to get your thoughts on the comparison with the '21 Odyssey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts