Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just got this SX! Will post picture tomorrow how it looks under the sun
Looking forward to those photos! I'm tossing up between Astra Blue and Flare Red. I was pleasantly surprised by the Red in the metal on a sunny day, but I do like the Tuscan color interior (which isn't offered for Flare Red)....so I'm really hoping the Astra Blue looks good in person so I can get it with the Tuscan interior. I've seen plenty of photos and videos of the color, but can't really decide until I see it for myself.

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
78 Posts
Awesome...my dream car! Let us know was your initial look, feel, and handling was.
I knew the car inside out before getting it. I went 4 times to test drive and read a ton on it.
Look 👍
Feel 👍
Handling 👍
I also have a 2021 Odyssey and plan on posting a detailed comparison in the coming days

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
78 Posts
Looking forward to those photos! I'm tossing up between Astra Blue and Flare Red. I was pleasantly surprised by the Red in the metal on a sunny day, but I do like the Tuscan color interior (which isn't offered for Flare Red)....so I'm really hoping the Astra Blue looks good in person so I can get it with the Tuscan interior. I've seen plenty of photos and videos of the color, but can't really decide until I see it for myself.
We didn’t get any sunshine today :( hopefully tomorrow
What about Ceramic? I liked the ceramic a lot too but couldn’t get it from a fairly priced dealer in my area so that helped with the decision

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah I had a good look at the Ceramic Silver. Initially I wasn't a fan, and referred to it as Wet Concrete, but after seeing it in the metal I began warming up to it. As I looked at more photos and videos of the Ceramic (to convince my wife that it's an attractive color) I slowly began to feel that it wouldn't really age well as a color, that it can tend to look 'flat', and that the color is more suited to either sports cars or more rugged looking SUVs/pick-ups. Also, I go on and on to my wife about how car dull car colors are these days. Go look at any shopping center parking lot and it's almost like you're in a black & white movie. Majority are white, silver, grey, dark grey and black. A light sprinkle of champagne/light gold, and some red/burgundy..and a rare blue car...but the vast majority are dull greyscale colors. ...so yeah, Ceramic is a not go. ...and that's why it's pretty much down to Red or Blue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I knew the car inside out before getting it. I went 4 times to test drive and read a ton on it.
Look 👍
Feel 👍
Handling 👍
I also have a 2021 Odyssey and plan on posting a detailed comparison in the coming days

Would love to get your thoughts on the comparison with the '21 Odyssey

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thank you so much for these photos! I'd love to see more in different lighting conditions.

I'm eyeing an Astra Blue SX as well, but haven't seen one in person to know if I'll like the color. I saw an EX in that color, in full midday bright sunlight and I was shocked at how different it looked compared to all the photos & videos of Astra Blue Carnival's. It looked like a pale, dull green-ish/sage color, and definitely didn't have the depth and color of photos. So I'm not sure if it was just the overly bright day, or if the car was dirty,..or if all the photos & videos I see have adjusted white balance, contrast and saturation to make the color look better than it really is.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
233 Posts
Thank you so much for these photos! I'd love to see more in different lighting conditions.

I'm eyeing an Astra Blue SX as well, but haven't seen one in person to know if I'll like the color. I saw an EX in that color, in full midday bright sunlight and I was shocked at how different it looked compared to all the photos & videos of Astra Blue Carnival's. It looked like a pale, dull green-ish/sage color, and definitely didn't have the depth and color of photos. So I'm not sure if it was just the overly bright day, or if the car was dirty,..or if all the photos & videos I see have adjusted white balance, contrast and saturation to make the color look better than it really is.
Yeah, none of the colors look like the marketing materials. You have to see them in person.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, none of the colors look like the marketing materials. You have to see them in person.
True, but I'm not even referring to the Kia marketing material. I've looked at all the videos on YouTube that have the Astra Blue, and they vary so much. I've seen Ceramic Silver, Flare Red and Panthera Metal in person and they matchup with owner/test review photos & videos, but Astra Blue is such an anomaly.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just bought our this evening! I've been following the development of the Carnival for so long now, it feels great to finally get one in the trim we wanted! Astra Blue with Tuscan Umber interior.

Came with the tow hitch, illuminated door scuff plates, rear cargo tray, and cargo net.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
233 Posts
Just bought our this evening! I've been following the development of the Carnival for so long now, it feels great to finally get one in the trim we wanted! Astra Blue with Tuscan Umber interior.

Came with the tow hitch, illuminated door scuff plates, rear cargo tray, and cargo net.
View attachment 433

View attachment 434
I'm impressed that it came with so many accessories from the factory. The only thing mine came with was floor mats and a cargo net. :rolleyes:

Got any pics of the cargo tray and illuminated scuff plates?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm impressed that it came with so many accessories from the factory. The only thing mine came with was floor mats and a cargo net. :rolleyes:

Got any pics of the cargo tray and illuminated scuff plates?

Yeah, it wasn't too keen on the tow hitch (never had it on any other vehicle, and don't expect to use it any time soon), but it was either take this model with the hitch or keep waiting for endless uncertainty and rising mark-ups. I guess I can always uninstall the hitch if it bugs me enough.

Regarding the cargo tray, it's exactly this one: 2022 Kia Carnival Seat Well Cargo Tray (P013)

Here are the illuminated scuff plates. They are only for the front doors, nothing for the second row doors. That's a bummer, and IMO not worth the cost...but ours came with it. I haven't played around to see if you can change the color, but I doubt it. Nevertheless, it looks very cool, especially at night.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
233 Posts
Yeah, it wasn't too keen on the tow hitch (never had it on any other vehicle, and don't expect to use it any time soon), but it was either take this model with the hitch or keep waiting for endless uncertainty and rising mark-ups. I guess I can always uninstall the hitch if it bugs me enough.

Regarding the cargo tray, it's exactly this one: 2022 Kia Carnival Seat Well Cargo Tray (P013)

Here are the illuminated scuff plates. They are only for the front doors, nothing for the second row doors. That's a bummer, and IMO not worth the cost...but ours came with it. I haven't played around to see if you can change the color, but I doubt it. Nevertheless, it looks very cool, especially at night.

View attachment 435

View attachment 436
Thanks for the photos! I was envisioning a divided basket for the cargo tray. This gives more of a floor mat vibe. My 2014 Optima SXL has the illuminated scuff plates but they just say KIA. I like the look of the model name better. Nice!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts