Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
@SK77X Congrats on the purchase! I know it's been a long time coming. I really like the illuminated scuff plates but wonder if they have other colors to match the off black interior like we have.

·
Registered
160 Posts
@SK77X Congrats on the purchase! I know it's been a long time coming. I really like the illuminated scuff plates but wonder if they have other colors to match the off black interior like we have.
Thanks @Phantasm ! It certainly has been a while coming.

Regarding the color of the scuff plates, are you referring to the LEDs, or the plate itself? One user on the Facebook group said the LED color can be changed, but I'm not really sure how.

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
Are the LED's making it look tuscan umber or is it the plates themselves? Either way I'd want it to look more in line with the off black interior that we have. That would be cool to change the LED color though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Are the LED's making it look tuscan umber or is it the plates themselves? Either way I'd want it to look more in line with the off black interior that we have. That would be cool to change the LED color though.
Aha, I see what you're referring to. That's just the red glow of the LED's making the metal part of the plate appear orange-ish. The scuff plate has a metal finish, and also has a black plastic surround.

Here's a more accurate photo I found online.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Got the new car at a detailer. Having PPF put on the full front, as well as complete ceramic coating. The in-laws live in a rural town, so little paint chips aplenty.

·
Registered
160 Posts
How much for the PPF?
$1,600 for the full frontal using Xpel Film with 10 year warranty. I got it discounted to $1,500 as I also opted for ceramic coating (which I also got $200 off the regular price). So all up for both was $2,500. That of course is CA Bay Area prices.

Bonus, since the Carnival is so new, they don't have the pre-cut template for the film in their system, so they're having to do the bulk method, which is the preferred method.

Quality work!!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/unique-auto-films-clear-bra-san-jose-3

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
49 Posts
Just bought our this evening! I've been following the development of the Carnival for so long now, it feels great to finally get one in the trim we wanted! Astra Blue with Tuscan Umber interior.

Came with the tow hitch, illuminated door scuff plates, rear cargo tray, and cargo net.
Congratulations! I haven't checked this forum in a while but I have always wondered when you will get yours.

Btw the "755" on the building gave away the fact you got it from Capitol Kia :)

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
Congratulations! I haven't checked this forum in a while but I have always wondered when you will get yours.

When you said 755, I thought you were chmod’ing something. 🙃

·
Registered
160 Posts

Thanks mate! Enjoying how easy it is to drive, and how calm you feel with it. It's a very different atmosphere to our CX-9. Best thing is... The wife is very happy with the car.. And our almost 4 yr old girls love the space and their TVs.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
427 Posts
It was so hard to find an Astra Blue EX back when we were looking. I love the EX wheels, but gotta have my ventilated seats in Texas!

·
Registered
8 Posts
@SK77X Congrats on the purchase. I am really digging the scuff plate. I might have to get that in a blue as an accessory later on but right now the dealers don't even have the right oil filter with them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
@SK77X Congrats on the purchase. I am really digging the scuff plate. I might have to get that in a blue as an accessory later on but right now the dealers don't even have the right oil filter with them.
Hahaha, yeah, I'm about to start looking for an oil filter so I have it on hand when necessary. I've also ordered LED bulbs for the interior (and I think it also fits the reverse lights), and also 'mood lighting' LEDs to put in the footwells. I'm thinking about some modest wheel spacers to gets the wheels flush with the body.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks mate! Enjoying how easy it is to drive, and how calm you feel with it. It's a very different atmosphere to our CX-9. Best thing is... The wife is very happy with the car.. And our almost 4 yr old girls love the space and their TVs.
How would you compare the driving experience and handling between the CX-9 and the Carnival? I have always wanted the CX-9 but the third row space just wasn't enough. I have a Mazda6 and love how it drives. Wonder if I will still enjoy driving with my upcoming Carnival.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'll be honest and say it's very different. Not that the Carnival is bad, it's just engineered to be comfortable, smooth and easy (which is what you want for a vehicle of this purpose), whereas the CX-9 is eager, nimble, and the turbo just encourages/peer pressures you into driving with enthusiasm.

Let me put it this way. In the Carnival I don't really feel the urge to be a "spirited" driver. It's very refined, the light steering makes maneuverability a breeze, and it has more than enough power to get you going without getting you into trouble. The CX-9 is the opposite. I get in it and I'm ready to roll. Got my right hand on the gear lever to manually shift, even if it's just a stop sign. The steering is perfectly weighted, and again that turbo means your ready for when the light goes green or when your merge onto the highway.

I'm lucky that I have both.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yup, that makes sense. Exactly what I thought. I will enjoy my carnival on long family road trips and my stick shift mazda for fun drives :)

21 - 40 of 46 Posts