Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Sorry to hear about all your issues. You may want to check with your insurance after filing the police report to see what might be covered. All the other issues sounds like a service trip to the dealer. When you press the unlock button, is it once or twice? Going on memory but I thought there was a setting around the doors that get unlocked.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
I would take it back to the dealer for a warranty claim and let them sort out the issues. The door lock is easily reproduced so should be easy for them to diagnose and fix. The battery may be more tricky but they should be able to check the battery, alternator, and vehicle off load to see if anything could be adversely draining the battery.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
That’s funny you say you parked it at the airport for a week. We got back from a 5 day trip last Monday and Friday is the day mine died. Ours was also parked at the airport. It still is so new that it should be able to sit for 5-7 days without driving and not have a dead battery. My husband jumped it this morning and took it over to the dealership. They gave me a rental while they work on it. I hope it’s just a battery. It is just very inconvenient. I hate that it doesn’t feel reliable. They are going to look into the doors not unlocking as well. I’ll update this post once I know more.
I'm tracking this thread and looking forward to hearing about what they found out.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
I’m sorry I forgot to post the update. After exactly one week of having a rental car, I got my carnival back. I was really frustrated because it went in on Wednesday, on Friday they told me the battery tested fine and it was something else drawing power from the battery. That they were running more tests. Didn’t hear anything when I called Monday, never got a call back. Finally got ahold of someone Tuesday late afternoon after calling 3 times. Only to be told it was just the battery. Even though it was testing fine, they didn’t find issues with anything else so they had to “manually” make the battery fail so it would be covered under warranty. Then they told me about some recall on the “O” ring that they were waiting on the parts to replace. I never once got any kind of notification on a recall. Wednesday afternoon I told them it better be done because I was on my way to pick it up regardless. I think it’s a little ridiculous that changing a battery took a whole week (with a pos rental car that I wasn’t allowed to go further than 100 miles away on). Oh and my passenger sliding door still doesn’t unlock when you push the button on the drivers handle or double click the unlock on the fob. I still have to manually unlock it when I get in the drivers door. One more issue and I’m trading it in. I’m not going to be the Guinea pig that works all the kinks out for Kia. Since having it back exactly a week today, the battery thankfully hasn’t died again so hopefully that’s all it really was.
I would call and speak with the service supervisor or contact Kia directly at 1 (800) 333-4542. If the vehicle isn't functioning as stated then it also might be covered under your state's lemon law.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts