Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the KIA website, it says only the SX prestige has the blind view monitor. But I saw a youtube video where the EX had the blind view monitor. Is that just a country difference? I'm in the US, is it the case that only SX prestige trim in US has the blind view monitor?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
427 Posts
Only SX-P in US has this feature. The regular SX has 360 cameras for parking, but not active while driving.

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
From the KIA website, it says only the SX prestige has the blind view monitor. But I saw a youtube video where the EX had the blind view monitor. Is that just a country difference? I'm in the US, is it the case that only SX prestige trim in US has the blind view monitor?
The basis is that the 12.1” digital dash is required which is only on the SX-P in the US.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The EX has a blind spot warning. However, you have to move to tge SXP in order to get the actual camera view of the blind spot.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right. Comparing the top 2 trims (SX vs SX-P), am I correct in that the only real functional differences are the 2nd row seat configuration + blind view monitor, at least in the US?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The 360o surround view camera uses the same camera as the blind view monitor so these two would normally come together, as in the EX+ trim (and SX) in Canada. In the US, only the top SXP come with the 360o camera, so it makes sense that only this trim is equipped with the blind view monitor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Right. Comparing the top 2 trims (SX vs SX-P), am I correct in that the only real functional differences are the 2nd row seat configuration + blind view monitor, at least in the US?
Depends on how you define functional.

There are plenty of differences between the SX and SX Prestige.

Real leather seats, heated steering wheel, two sunroofs, VIP seats, full 12.3” digital gauge cluster that includes support for the blind spot view monitor, LED taillights and a full LED setup up front (projector LED headlights and LED turn signals), Homelink rear view mirror, better and more speakers, plus more.

Reactions: UN-Limited

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 360o surround view camera uses the same camera as the blind view monitor so these two would normally come together, as in the EX+ trim (and SX) in Canada. In the US, only the top SXP come with the 360o camera, so it makes sense that only this trim is equipped with the blind view monitor.
This isn’t quite right… both the SX and the SX P in the US have the 360° camera, but only the SX P has the blind view camera monitor because it’s the only one with the full digital gauge cluster.

In Canada, both the EX+ and SX have the 360° camera and 12.3” full digital gauge cluster.

So on the Carnival, at least in North America, the presence of the blind spot view monitor is dependent on having the full digital gauge cluster.

Reactions: UN-Limited

·
Registered
45 Posts
This isn’t quite right… both the SX and the SX P in the US have the 360° camera, but only the SX P has the blind view camera monitor because it’s the only one with the full digital gauge cluster.

In Canada, both the EX+ and SX have the 360° camera and 12.3” full digital gauge cluster.

So on the Carnival, at least in North America, the presence of the blind spot view monitor is dependent on having the full digital gauge cluster.
You're right about the full digital gauge cluster being the factor. Interesting, because the cousin Hyundai Palisade in Canada, the penultimate Luxury trim with 7 inch digital IC comes with both the 360o camera and blind view monitor as does the top Calligraphy trim having the full 12.3 inch digital IC, so here it seems the 360o camera is the common factor.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
427 Posts
I love this forum, but it amazes me how many people will take the time to create an account, verify their email address, log in, and post a question asking "which features are available on each trim?" and then have to wait a few hours/days for a bunch of conflicting or inaccurate responses when the Kia website shows all this info in just a few clicks. Just sayin...🤷‍♂️

USA

Canada

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love this forum, but it amazes me how many people will take the time to create an account, verify their email address, log in, and post a question asking "which features are available on each trim?" and then have to wait a few hours/days for a bunch of conflicting or inaccurate responses when the Kia website shows all this info in just a few clicks. Just sayin...🤷‍♂️

USA

Canada
Could you have potentially posted those links without seizing an opportunity to have a soap box moment?

·
Registered
2022 Kia carnival sx prestige
1 Posts
Stereo and 2nd sunroof and different type leather are some other features only on sxp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts