Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We haven't bought our Carnival yet so I'm hoping y'all can provide any commentary on whether the following feature is available on the SX/P. Is there a way to have the exterior cameras display on the screen while driving?

I know the camera feeds show up when you put it into reverse, but I'd love to have them available while in drive so I can see what's behind and beside me.

(I also know the SXP has the blindspot camera show up, but that's only when you put your indicator on)

I'm guessing this isn't available otherwise it would be promoted. Likely a driver distraction, but maybe there's a way around deep in the settings menus.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can only turn them on below a certain speed. About 10mph. I will turn it on when sitting at a traffic light occasionally. It will turn off after reaching the speed threshold however.

·
Super Moderator
362 Posts
You can only turn them on below a certain speed. About 10mph. I will turn it on when sitting at a traffic light occasionally. It will turn off after reaching the speed threshold however.
This is correct. I believe the cutoff is just under 7mph though. I’ve been able to do a registered 6mph with the cameras on. I would love to be able to have the cameras on at any speed as well. I have no idea why they force you to turn them off.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My guess is some law, otherwise these cameras would have already made side and rear view mirrors redudent. I remember seeing concept cars back in the mid 90s with small camera replacing side mirrors, and we easily have the tech know, so it's gotta be a legal thing.

Bummer.

·
Super Moderator
362 Posts
Actually, if you drive with the turn signal on you can have the side mirror cameras on (one at a time) indefinitely on the SXP.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, if you drive with the turn signal on you can have the side mirror cameras on (one at a time) indefinitely on the SXP.
If you drive with the turn signal on you won't need to worry about other vehicles in your blindspot because everyone will realize you're that driver and give you ample space. 😋

1 - 6 of 6 Posts