Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Probably requires a professional because of the wiring and heating/ventilation elements. Might void the warranty if anything breaks during the process.
I haven’t had a chance to dig into it but I assume there is a wiring harness for the electric and some bolts or some way to remove it since I imagine these seats do occasionally break and have to be replaced

Jackhammer and a forklift should do the trick :giggle:
Speaking my language. My personal preference is an angle grinder.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
can someone email me about how it works...soaked in sweat 2 hrs later and still pissed it isnt working. please help!
No need to post your email on a public forum. We can send messages directly to each other through the forum. Check your inbox.

·
Registered
Considering the 2022 Kia Carnival EX
4 Posts
Here, someone said:

Let me go on record saying the 2 row facing mode sucks. Because of the angle of the seat backs the second row is nearly touching the 3rd row to make this work. Not worth it.

There is a way to do it, but I highly don't recommend it because I'm sure there's a reason why they don't want you doing it.
After careful inspection of the seats and locking mechanism, it took 3 minutes total to covert it to reverse.
I couldn't live with not being able to reverse the seats, it's pretty much the only reason I bought this model.

For U.S. safety reasons, road/vehicle law, and risks I don't feel it's my place to share my results on how I accomplished it. But if you're desperate enough like I was, you'll find a way. It is possible.
Proof that is totally doable!
Can you confirm how much space there is in this mode?

·
Registered
213 Posts
From the Carnival FB group some are doing this with the back seats folded down for drive in movie theatre viewing that some locales have reintroduced.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
From the Carnival FB group some are doing this with the back seats folded down for drive in movie theatre viewing that some locales have reintroduced.
Thanks for posting this. I planned on doing the same thing at the beach for watching the waves with the wife. I have zero desire or intention to have the 2nd row face the 3rd row. There is no advantage to this configuration that I can see and I'm not even sure it's legal in the US to drive like that. Use it for recreational purposes only.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I planned on doing the same thing at the beach for watching the waves with the wife. I have zero desire or intention to have the 2nd row face the 3rd row. There is no advantage to this configuration that I can see and I'm not even sure it's legal in the US to drive like that. Use it for recreational purposes only.
Could you shed light on how much room is there between the 3rd row and 2nd row, when it is facing the rear?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Could you shed light on how much room is there between the 3rd row and 2nd row, when it is facing the rear?
Nope. I didn't even consider it after modifying the tracks. I'm sure the legroom would be tight though. It's an inefficient use of the space to have both rows facing each other.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No need to post your email on a public forum. We can send messages directly to each other through the forum. Check your inbox.
Having trouble sending a message as a new user (time restriction error), could you please send instructions on removing the adapter to my inbox? Would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any idea how this is different from the Chrysler Swivel and Go seats in the US as recently as 2010? Did US safety laws evolve, is it an implementation issue, or does it have to do with adding child car seats in this configuration?
Interestingly, the center seat is reversible in the Australian model, with the stipulation that only adults can sit facing the rear.

That, plus it being legal in the US for the Chrysler's reversible 2nd row seats, makes me wonder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a way to do it, but I highly don't recommend it because I'm sure there's a reason why they don't want you doing it.
After careful inspection of the seats and locking mechanism, it took 3 minutes total to covert it to reverse.
I couldn't live with not being able to reverse the seats, it's pretty much the only reason I bought this model.

For U.S. safety reasons, road/vehicle law, and risks I don't feel it's my place to share my results on how I accomplished it. But if you're desperate enough like I was, you'll find a way. It is possible.
Does this "modification" damage any part of the vehicle to the point the dealership would void warranty? Or are the restrictors able to be put back into place? Because I want to do this so when I get a night free of kids I want to haul my buddies around like a Limo.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Does this "modification" damage any part of the vehicle to the point the dealership would void warranty? Or are the restrictors able to be put back into place? Because I want to do this so when I get a night free of kids I want to haul my buddies around like a Limo.
Anything can break if the situation is right.. Attempt at your own risk.

As mentioned before, no one is sure it's even legal to drive with the seats reversed. Check your local laws before doing so or use for recreation only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anything can break if the situation is right.. Attempt at your own risk.

As mentioned before, no one is sure it's even legal to drive with the seats reversed. Check your local laws before doing so or use for recreation only.
I did a small test and was able to put the clips back in, and there was basically zero damage. They are plastic, so depending on how delicate you are while removing can cause minor scratches.

As far as the legal component, I have a request into Kia support to hear what they say, but I haven't been able to find any legal reason why they can't be rear-facing.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts