Kia Carnival Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a way to do it, but I highly don't recommend it because I'm sure there's a reason why they don't want you doing it.
After careful inspection of the seats and locking mechanism, it took 3 minutes total to covert it to reverse.
I couldn't live with not being able to reverse the seats, it's pretty much the only reason I bought this model.

For U.S. safety reasons, road/vehicle law, and risks I don't feel it's my place to share my results on how I accomplished it. But if you're desperate enough like I was, you'll find a way. It is possible.
Would you mind sharing pictures?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
How much practical room is there for the passengers in the back?
I'm sure it's VERY cozy lol. But I would never use it with passengers in the 3rd row (or while driving in general). For me, it's just an added perk when I'm at the beach - I can open the back hatch, drop the 3rd row and have the 2nd row facing the rear hatch to enjoy the sunset with wifey in comfort.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've seen promotional videos showing the second row seats being reversible. Has anyone tried it to confirm that this is possible in the United states? Please remember that you have to swap the positions of the driver side and passenger side seats in order for this to work.
In North America, there’s a black plastic piece inserted in the track to prevent us from turning around the second row. Find on utube the video on how to remove it. …looks like a pain but, once it’s done,it’s done

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah, there is a way to do it. i saw a youtube vid on it. on the bottom of rails, there 2 white plastics plugs that need to be removed per row. 4 total. once removed it will allow the seats to be flipped and installed backwards. i would only do it if the car seats are no longer required in your family.

i'm probably going to do this myself for our next road trip

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah, there is a way to do it. i saw a youtube vid on it. on the bottom of rails, there 2 white plastics plugs that need to be removed per row. 4 total. once removed it will allow the seats to be flipped and installed backwards. i would only do it if the car seats are no longer required in your family.

i'm probably going to do this myself for our next road trip
Actually don't remove the white plastic pieces. In the video they removed the black plastic pieces. The white one help you guide the seat in place.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
From the specs for 2023 carnival:

2nd-Row Sliding, Removable & Reversible Seats

Ideal for on-the-go families that are looking for additional seating flexibility. The 2nd-row slides forward providing easier access to the 3rd-row, can be reversed, while also being completely removable to maximize cargo space.

Sounds like Kia finally got the reversing seats approved by the US NHTSA. I wonder if this applies to Canada as well.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts