Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I booked for a carnival LX seat package trim,
The one I placed order on does not have rear seat entertainment,,
Can this be added later from kia service center!?
how to get this added later !?

I don’t see parts available for this 2022 model yet..
Anybody here has added rear seat entertainment to carnival LX seat trim !?

·
Registered
78 Posts
In Canada none of the models come with the rear seat entertainment. It is an option to add on any model. I don’t see why you couldn’t have it added on to yours. I’d ask my dealer where I ordered the carnival from. Please let us know how this turns out.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
I booked for a carnival LX seat package trim,
The one I placed order on does not have rear seat entertainment,,
Can this be added later from kia service center!?
how to get this added later !?

I don’t see parts available for this 2022 model yet..
Anybody here has added rear seat entertainment to carnival LX seat trim !?
Don't bother spending $1k on the very limited RSE package from Kia. Get a cheap tablet and you can install any app you want and can hide them away when not in use. There's a reason why built in screens are less popular these days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't bother spending $1k on the very limited RSE package from Kia. Get a cheap tablet and you can install any app you want and can hide them away when not in use. There's a reason why built in screens are less popular these days.
Thanks for the suggestion ,
problem with after-market installation is ,
have to take care of cables (power and audio). audio may not be issue as it will work over Bluetooth but power is needed and that ends up running wires all over

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion ,
problem with after-market installation is ,
have to take care of cables (power and audio). audio may not be issue as it will work over Bluetooth but power is needed and that ends up running wires all over
True - it's no fun to run USB cables to tablets or remember to charge them inbetween trips, but that's also the advantage. You can use them inbetween trips to make them infinitely more useful. If you search this forum for all the threads about people having trouble getting the factory RSE screens to do something as simple as playing a youtube video, you will quickly realize that portable tablets are FAR more convenient in the long run. Remember, the factory screens basically reset every time the car turns off, so they don't just automatically resume playback when you start the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was told when getting mine that added the rear entertainment feature could cause problems with the Apple play. I had after market head rest DVD players installs. I spent $100 more than Kia quoted and got 4 dvd/hdmi/sd 9inch players. They’ve been great

1 - 6 of 6 Posts