Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just received my Kia Carnival EX+ Premium White from a local dealership and love it so far. Paid $52500 CDN exact out of the door.

Some suggestions for new potential owners:
  • I used online exact car cost calculator to make sure dealership do not overcharge me anything extra. I download this report from Get the best price in three easy steps! | CarCostCanada® and that should true cost of the car with all of the taxes
  • I contacted local dealership to match the price and 1/5 dealership got back to me with the exact price that was listed in the report
  • Avoid all extended warranties as they can get expensive. For me, it was quoted to be around $3k
  • Warranty: In Canada, Kia warranty is only 5 years not 10 years as listed on some US websites (sad deal for Canadians)
  • As shown in some videos, you cannot face the 2nd row seats to the 3rd row as you do not get that in Canada
Note: in order to make this happen you need a 'White' color clip for the seats when you move it backwards to make it happen

Questions:
  • Does anyone know why Canada is not allowed to move 2nd row seats facing the 3rd row? I will be calling Kia Canada to complain about this
  • Dealership did not include trunk floor mat and I don't know why. Can someone let me know what dealership must include that comes from the factory (i did get cargo net and spare tire kit)

Thanks everyone and i will share more information as i learn about my car

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it has to do with Canadian laws with regards to safety standards. Take for example, lots of modern cars have self parking features but they are removed in Canada.

·
Registered
32 Posts
CarCost needing my confirmed Cell Number and Email is just not worth it and is, at best, scammy, (in my opinion) for what you get.

I'm not sure that Canadian dealers sell cars over MSRP as mine cost exactly what the Kia website showed. I've bought several new cars and they were always at or below the listed web price. In Canada they hose you with the extras, Extended Warranty, Financing Fees, Paint Protection, Anti Corrosion devices that can all be had for less after market. But to be fair, I didn't ask for a deal, I did not have a car at the time so the dealership loaned me a car for 2 weeks (for free) while I waited for my Carnival to come in. I got the 1% rate discount because I had bought from Kia before, I didn't put down a deposit, and had no issues. Due to covid I did 99% over the phone and signed the sales slip when I went to pick up the car. I don't think it could have been easier for me.

The trunk floor mats weren't available when I got mine, just front seat area. I have since bought and am waiting for weathertech to send me some rubber ones but I keep my back seats down so wouldn't be able to use the trunk floor mat anyways.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m looking at the EX+ in Canada as well (Toronto), I had hoped for a little discount as there is inventory around on lot, perhaps I shouldn’t be too confident.
Would they move much on the extended warranty ? I was considering that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@VanPappa, the prices in Canada is not as bad as US. Don't be afraid to negotiate and walk away if the deal doesn't work well for you. I shopped around a few KIA dealership before I found one that gave me a fair offer. To save time, you can tell them you know exactly what you want and that you want to go straight the numbers. Remember, they're trying to make as much money from you as possible. Don't feel bad if they reject your offer. You can pay carcost to get the "dealer invoice" cost so you have a number to work with. From my experience it's usually $2-$3k off MSRP. Or you can shop around to get a better understanding of the market value and OTD price you're willing to pay.

I would also separate the negotiation between car price and warranty. It's easier to manage. It'll be hard to miss all the extra fees they'll sneak in if you're juggling so many details. After agreeing on the OTD price, next you can negotiate warranty.

I had the best experience at Bolton KIA and it's where I bought mine. If you decide to go all the way there, PM me and I can send you a bit more details.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@VanPappa, the prices in Canada is not as bad as US. Don't be afraid to negotiate and walk away if the deal doesn't work well for you. I shopped around a few KIA dealership before I found one that gave me a fair offer. To save time, you can tell them you know exactly what you want and that you want to go straight the numbers. Remember, they're trying to make as much money from you as possible. Don't feel bad if they reject your offer. You can pay carcost to get the "dealer invoice" cost so you have a number to work with. From my experience it's usually $2-$3k off MSRP. Or you can shop around to get a better understanding of the market value and OTD price you're willing to pay.

I would also separate the negotiation between car price and warranty. It's easier to manage. It'll be hard to miss all the extra fees they'll sneak in if you're juggling so many details. After agreeing on the OTD price, next you can negotiate warranty.

I had the best experience at Bolton KIA and it's where I bought mine. If you decide to go all the way there, PM me and I can send you a bit more details.
Some great advice here.
On Autotrader I’m seeing dealers advertise for 2k over MSRP, while Unhaggle confirmed 2k under MSRP, seems like a fairly large jump to make.
Ive “email bombed” a number of dealers in the GTA and will wait on their reply for the game to begin.
I’m also not entirely against buying a Sienna and there are some good value Siennas in the lot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do prices quoted normally include Ontario licensing ? I’m getting quoted 52,100 excluding licensing. I noticed Unhaggle is about 1k cheaper but this is the best quote of 4 I’ve gotten.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts