Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, just received noticed that my Astra blue Sx arrived two weeks early. Is there anything I should have dealer check prior to accepting the car? I heard there is something wrong with fuel system. Any other areas to address prior to taking the vehicle?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Congratulations!

You can check to see if your VIN is part of the recall but at this point it's unlikely as it was just the first batch manufactured. Also check to see if the power inverter is working as ours (along with others early on) was not.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
Hi Everyone, just received noticed that my Astra blue Sx arrived two weeks early. Is there anything I should have dealer check prior to accepting the car? I heard there is something wrong with fuel system. Any other areas to address prior to taking the vehicle?
As noted above, no cars delivered after April are likely to have any active recalls. Accept the car and enjoy!

When did you place your order and how long did it take to arrive? Is the dealer holding the price at MSRP for you?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i started the conversation with the dealer about 2 weeks ago. I got lucky and then verbally gave me an offer for msrp for the car in general. A couple days later I was told there was coming in and I put a deposit down. after some tough negotiation I got it for msrp -$100 :).

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
So i started the conversation with the dealer about 2 weeks ago. I got lucky and then verbally gave me an offer for msrp for the car in general. A couple days later I was told there was coming in and I put a deposit down. after some tough negotiation I got it for msrp -$100 :).
Oh, so that's not the same as placing an order with the factory. I did this as well but the sales manager didn't approve and reneged on the deal because he could sell to anyone else for $5k over MSRP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, so that's not the same as placing an order with the factory. I did this as well but the sales manager didn't approve and reneged on the deal because he could sell to anyone else for $5k over MSRP.
Yep, I happened to get lucky with one coming in on the lot. When he told me I quickly put a deposit down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We got ours almost a month ago and immediately noticed a creaking noise from the front end when driving and getting off the brakes. None of the dealers around me know what it is because they say they haven't worked on any yet...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts