Kia Carnival Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
No one mentioned the screens on the front seat backs. Kinda useless if you're not taking kids on a trip. Why not have a disconnect to store them so they don't get broke.

·
Registered
76 Posts
No one mentioned the screens on the front seat backs. Kinda useless if you're not taking kids on a trip. Why not have a disconnect to store them so they don't get broke.
Some of the videos show that when you pull the seat forward to get into the rear, the headrest slam into the monitors. I wonder how long those are going to last until a warranty / recall is needed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Some of the videos show that when you pull the seat forward to get into the rear, the headrest slam into the monitors. I wonder how long those are going to last until a warranty / recall is needed.
Yeah that'll be a problem for SX owners, but not for SX-P owners since the ottoman seats don't have that quick-fold/slam-in-the-screen function.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
34 Posts
The monitors are specifically on 3 year warranty for a reason :)

Btw I may be the only one loving the monitors once we've got it figured out 1. turn on mobile hot spot and kids pick it up from there 2. the younger kid who doesn't how to operate the screen can just mirror the screen 3. we can cast / control through the software when we want to play pre-downloaded contents instead of hot spot (I think it operates through blue tooth or some sort of UWB)

·
Registered
15 Posts

Btw I may be the only one loving the monitors once we've got it figured out 1. turn on mobile hot spot and kids pick it up from there 2. the younger kid who doesn't how to operate the screen can just mirror the screen)
You are the target buyer for that feature!!! For this "old fart", Navigation is about as high tech as I get to in the owners manual. For nine years the "screen" on the ceiling of my Odyssey has been in the "wrapper".

·
Registered
3 Posts

Btw I may be the only one loving the monitors once we've got it figured out 1. turn on mobile hot spot and kids pick it up from there 2. the younger kid who doesn't how to operate the screen can just mirror the screen 3. we can cast / control through the software when we want to play pre-downloaded contents instead of hot spot (I think it operates through blue tooth or some sort of UWB)
Can you control the screens from the front seat? I've seen a video where you can do that in GMC Yokun, and hoping it is similar with the Carnival

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
34 Posts
You can use an app called RSE Remote on your phone. The screens are fairly independent units. So the base / harness, mirroring function, and default bluetooth tap into the car audio system are the only "integration" you get. In contrast the Yukon system is basically a screen controlled by CPU in the main computer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You can use an app called RSE Remote on your phone. The screens are fairly independent units. So the base / harness, mirroring function, and default bluetooth tap into the car audio system are the only "integration" you get. In contrast the Yukon system is basically a screen controlled by CPU in the main computer.
Is there a DVD or BluRay Player or is that functionality via external input?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Kia.com-Specs-Rear Seat Entertainment System-Built-in DVD player. Why DVD? Why not Blu-Ray or even 4K? This is a darned expensive vehicle!

·
Registered
39 Posts
This might not be the right place-but why no chrome lettering on the back indicating trim (LX, EX, SX, SXP)? I admit, I have bought SXP chrome metal letters to place on the vehicle myself. Now I just need to get that SXP......

·
Registered
7 Posts
And some people go for the clean de-badged look. I haven't actually seen a Carnival yet (not here in Oklahoma), but looking at some of the pictures in this thread, removing the Carnival badge (and any dealer advertisements) from the rear and just having the new Kia logo above the license plate would look really clean, and keep a lot of people guessing for a while.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My wife couldn't find one either during her time in an SX, however, the 'specs' state there should be one somewhere:

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is no DVD player in the SX. The screens have one HDMI input and one USB input. So, you will need to bring your own player, plug it into the 115V outlet, run an HDMI cable to the screen and there you go. A bit disappointing. And another ZONK for the Kia.com website.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There is no DVD player in the SX. The screens have one HDMI input and one USB input. So, you will need to bring your own player, plug it into the 115V outlet, run an HDMI cable to the screen and there you go. A bit disappointing. And another ZONK for the Kia.com website.
It simply amazes me how messed up kia.com is and the lack of accountability at Kia for resolving these issues.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here's another minor but irritating issue: the console between the two front seats has cup holders at the back. Below that, in the Korea Carnival, there is a slide-out shelf and a storage area. Both are missing in our Carnival. There is even a cut-out in the carpets that indicate where the storage cabinet should be. Pretty strange.

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Here's another minor but irritating issue: the console between the two front seats has cup holders at the back. Below that, in the Korea Carnival, there is a slide-out shelf and a storage area. Both are missing in our Carnival. There is even a cut-out in the carpets that indicate where the storage cabinet should be. Pretty strange.
I think it’s not so minor. Lack of storage space is a flaw mentioned in many reviews.

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Another small bother: The 2 side seats in the center row only have an armrest on the side to the door. If the middle seat in folded than that becomes the armrest but I use the the middle seat for a car seat and 2 older kids at the other 2 seats.
The Sienna and Odyssey do have 2 armrests
F525A1A5-4BE5-425F-9EAD-09465357B90A.jpeg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, another strike against the car. But I bought one anyway. My wife drove the Prestige home today. In terms of the missing DVD player, here is the response from Kia: "Hello. At this time we do not have any updated information on the KIA Carnival. Please keep an eye on KIA.COM "
Pretty lame.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts