Kia Carnival Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, another strike against the car. But I bought one anyway. My wife drove the Prestige home today. In terms of the missing DVD player, here is the response from Kia: "Hello. At this time we do not have any updated information on the KIA Carnival. Please keep an eye on KIA.COM "
Pretty lame.
Could you comment on ease of entry/exit to the 3rd row from the outside of the van (without going via the middle seats), This was pointed out as a hassle by Auto journalists but would like an actual buyer's take on this vis-a-vis everyday use.

·
Registered
64 Posts
First MPV (minivan) ever, at the age of 69. We wanted those VIP middle row seats, which are very comfortable with the seat reclined and the footrests out. Even I, at 6ft, fits nicely with the seat in relaxation mode (with front passenger seat slid up). Of course, I will usually be in the driver's seat while my wife and Mother-in-Law (age 90) occupy those cushy seats.
I have tried 2 different ways to get to the 3rd row seats. Down the middle of the VIP seats and with a VIP seat slid up as far as it will go. Either way is difficult for an adult. Less difficult for a child.
For us, the 3rd row will be folded down for 95% of the time. Only need it up for the grandchildren, when we are all in the van together.

·
Registered
28 Posts
First MPV (minivan) ever, at the age of 69. We wanted those VIP middle row seats, which are very comfortable with the seat reclined and the footrests out. Even I, at 6ft, fits nicely with the seat in relaxation mode (with front passenger seat slid up). Of course, I will usually be in the driver's seat while my wife and Mother-in-Law (age 90) occupy those cushy seats.
I have tried 2 different ways to get to the 3rd row seats. Down the middle of the VIP seats and with a VIP seat slid up as far as it will go. Either way is difficult for an adult. Less difficult for a child.
For us, the 3rd row will be folded down for 95% of the time. Only need it up for the grandchildren, when we are all in the van together.
Thanks. Very insightful, indeed. I believe Kia had folks like you in mind when they designed the VIP seats.

·
Registered
22 Posts
First MPV (minivan) ever, at the age of 69. We wanted those VIP middle row seats, which are very comfortable with the seat reclined and the footrests out. Even I, at 6ft, fits nicely with the seat in relaxation mode.
Wow, a late bloomer!
I got my first for business use 25 years ago and will never be without. I consider it a pickup with extra seats.
I’m interested in the VIP seats for commuting between homes in AZ & MN. But I’d miss not being able to remove the 2nd row. I’ve put 250k miles on my, like new, 2012 Odyssey but I am concerned about the complaints on the new ones.
The Carnival has my attention over the other two (Toyota & Dodge) in the marketplace.

Thanks for your reviews!

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can use the middle seat of the 8 seat Carnival for recline and legs straight out, once you move that middle seat back. But you better have a skinny derrière.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something....As best I can tell, the car will only accept 2 Bluetooth connections. So, in order to complete my UVO registration (and I'm not really sure what all UVO is), I will need to disconnect one of our phones to connect UVO. Hmmm, should I disconnect my phone or the wife's.............

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, we purchased a Carnival SX over the weekend and have a couple issues/questions about it. When we tried to set up UVO we were told it's not available in the state of Massachusetts.
The other problem I have with it, is that although I initially liked that the seats were higher than our previous minivan, when I get out of the Carnival, my feet don't touch the ground so I have to kind of drop down. That wouldn't be a problem, except the bottom rail that's just under the door is a thin, hard edge and it's a little painful when you bump against it. Is anyone else on the shorter side like me, and having this problem and if so, do you have any ideas on fixing it. I called the dealership and asked them to exchange the Carnival for a different vehicle but it's against their policies.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
42 Posts
Hello, we purchased a Carnival SX over the weekend and have a couple issues/questions about it. When we tried to set up UVO we were told it's not available in the state of Massachusetts.
The other problem I have with it, is that although I initially liked that the seats were higher than our previous minivan, when I get out of the Carnival, my feet don't touch the ground so I have to kind of drop down. That wouldn't be a problem, except the bottom rail that's just under the door is a thin, hard edge and it's a little painful when you bump against it. Is anyone else on the shorter side like me, and having this problem and if so, do you have any ideas on fixing it. I called the dealership and asked them to exchange the Carnival for a different vehicle but it's against their policies.
Perhaps running board would help?

·
Registered
116 Posts
You may be able to apply for a UPS Mailbox Address in another state and have the UVO registered to that address. Disclaimer - I'm not familiar with MA state law that would cause a restriction like this and am not a lawyer, so you may need to seek legal council before attempting a workaround like this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You may be able to apply for a UPS Mailbox Address in another state and have the UVO registered to that address. Disclaimer - I'm not familiar with MA state law that would cause a restriction like this and am not a lawyer, so you may need to seek legal council before attempting a workaround like this.
Thank you, that's a very good suggestion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone else with an SX or higher had issues with the 115V power plugs? Mine worked the day after pick up but have not since. The red light is even on but definitely not charging my laptop. I’ve tried both plugs and with the van running and no luck yet.

I thought I saw someone else on here that had this issue and had taken it to the dealer

·
Registered
64 Posts
In terms of a drawback...I can find no-one with a hitch that fits the Carnival. I'd really like to take my bicycle along, as I have a nice Thule bike rack that fits on a hitch. There is a official Kia video with a Carnival towing a large boat, but I have no idea where they obtained that hitch.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Has anyone else with an SX or higher had issues with the 115V power plugs? Mine worked the day after pick up but have not since. The red light is even on but definitely not charging my laptop. I’ve tried both plugs and with the van running and no luck yet.

I thought I saw someone else on here that had this issue and had taken it to the dealer

Speaking of which, do you know where the inverter is located (or if there are multiple inverters?) I was thinking that an early mod might be to swap it out with one that has a bit more power.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts