Kia Carnival Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has anyone else with an SX or higher had issues with the 115V power plugs? Mine worked the day after pick up but have not since. The red light is even on but definitely not charging my laptop. I’ve tried both plugs and with the van running and no luck yet.

I thought I saw someone else on here that had this issue and had taken it to the dealer
I just checked my SXP and no juice from either plug. Tested with a lamp and a laptop. However, the 12V plugs do work. Now to find where they have hidden the fuses......

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, I don't Face, or Insta, or Twit, so I missed that. Thanks for the info.

In terms of a drawback, I had a pleasant email exchange with a customer service person at Kia.com. Basically, no one knows when a hitch for the Carnival will appear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone else with an SX or higher had issues with the 115V power plugs? Mine worked the day after pick up but have not since. The red light is even on but definitely not charging my laptop. I’ve tried both plugs and with the van running and no luck yet.

I thought I saw someone else on here that had this issue and had taken it to the dealer
Hi, we just tested our 115V power plugs on our SX and they do not work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hmmmm. Well, I am hoping it is something simple like Kia forgot to install the inverter. If they forgot to install the wires to the plugs....that will be difficult to fix. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·

·
Registered
64 Posts
It is only when the headlights are on that you get that narrow full light across the back. Not associated with the brake lights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm drawn to the SX-P because of the VIP seating for all the highway driving I do with sciatica issues. The reality is, I transport bicycles and recumbent trikes in the rear of my Odyssey and need to consider the SX instead, because the VIP seats are stationary.

But golly, for the same money as the SX (or less with negotiations), the Odyssey Touring gives me the sunroof, Homelink, leather, Wi-Fi, sunglass holder in the ceiling and no backseat monitors I'd remove immediately.

I was really excited when the Carnival was announced thinking I'd save money and get more content but their marketing people are not considering Honda's model offerings too well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm drawn to the SX-P because of the VIP seating for all the highway driving I do with sciatica issues. The reality is, I transport bicycles and recumbent trikes in the rear of my Odyssey and need to consider the SX instead, because the VIP seats are stationary.

But golly, for the same money as the SX (or less with negotiations), the Odyssey Touring gives me the sunroof, Homelink, leather, Wi-Fi, sunglass holder in the ceiling and no backseat monitors I'd remove immediately.

I was really excited when the Carnival was announced thinking I'd save money and get more content but their marketing people are not considering Honda's model offerings too well.
I do agree Kia may have set up the SX-P trim to distinguish itself from the other minivans and cater to a different demographics (retired senior folks that might occasionally pick up grand kids, shuttle limo service to/from airports/hotels, family of 4 with 2 older teenagers that won't be caught in the 3rd row and business execs doing chaffeured trips). Unfortunately, this trim does not target the average family that want flexibiity (ability to remove/configure seats to maximise cargo space) while wanting all the comforts and features that the van offers. For this reason, I will wait for the 2023 model, hope Kia offers some of the top features (In Canada, Bose Audio, sunroof, cooled leather front seats, memory function, parking collision avoidence - reverse, etc) in a penultimate trim or offer a more configurable 7 (non-VIP) or 8 seater option at the SX-P trim. If not, I will consider Toyota Sienna. The Honda Odyssey is getting long in the tooth in its tech and safety features and so less attractive, even though its engine and chassis is on par with the Carnival.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would consider us a pretty average family of five and couldn’t be happier with the SX-P. Our pre teen kiddos love the VIP seats.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts