Kia Carnival Forum banner
121 - 124 of 124 Posts

· Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
738 Posts
Two other big ones I forgot:
  • I LOVE the Passenger View feature but there is a huge miss with it. It's for checking on kids and the smallest kids are the ones most in need of checking on. The smallest kids are in rear-facing seats and, because of where that camera is located, you cannot see them at all, just the back of their car seats, unfortunately.
I got lucky with my rear facing car seat. I could see most of my kid's head and body (though not the entire face). I guess depending on the model, some car seats are harder for the camera to see than others.

· Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
137 Posts
I got lucky with my rear facing car seat. I could see most of my kid's head and body (though not the entire face). I guess depending on the model, some car seats are harder for the camera to see than others.
Yeah, I remember you saying that in another thread - wish I could see a pic. We've got probably the most common car seat though (Chicco KeyFit) and the only way I'd be able to maybe see a little of our daughter would be moving her seat all the way up, which would mean the driver's seat is way up to the point where I probably can't drive it. It's baffling why Kia/Honda place those cameras where they do and not where Chrysler does. It's like nobody on the engineering team is a parent OR talked to a parent with a rear-facing seat.

· Registered
2022 Carnival EX
47 Posts
Yeah, I remember you saying that in another thread - wish I could see a pic. We've got probably the most common car seat though (Chicco KeyFit) and the only way I'd be able to maybe see a little of our daughter would be moving her seat all the way up, which would mean the driver's seat is way up to the point where I probably can't drive it. It's baffling why Kia/Honda place those cameras where they do and not where Chrysler does. It's like nobody on the engineering team is a parent OR talked to a parent with a rear-facing seat.
I have the same car seat and the same problem. I would have preferred a camera that can see rear-facing, instead of forward-facing.

· Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
738 Posts
We used the Graco extend2fit and it has 3 or 4 levels of reclining. Level 2 was sufficient for my toddler to be comfy and be seen by the camera. Any more reclining would have caused the front passenger to lose leg room.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts