Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new lx last Saturday and have already taken it back 3 times as a check engine light keeps coming on…well it will be 4 times today. The dealership clears the code and it is good for a day then it comes back on, they are saying it is an issue with the air fuel mixture. Anyone else have any similar issues…I am about ready to go back to my old grand caravan!!!

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
I picked up my new lx last Saturday and have already taken it back 3 times as a check engine light keeps coming on…well it will be 4 times today. The dealership clears the code and it is good for a day then it comes back on, they are saying it is an issue with the air fuel mixture. Anyone else have any similar issues…I am about ready to go back to my old grand caravan!!!

It's probably because they don't want to replace the MAF sensor which can be pretty expensive. I wouldn't take the vehicle back if they just clear the code a fourth time. Also, it may not help, but call Kia Corporate Customer Relations. At least it will be logged as a case and depending on your consumer protection laws, might enable you for lemon law protections if it isn't able to be resolved. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's probably because they don't want to replace the MAF sensor which can be pretty expensive. I wouldn't take the vehicle back if they just clear the code a fourth time. Also, it may not help, but call Kia Corporate Customer Relations. At least it will be logged as a case and depending on your consumer protection laws, might enable you for lemon law protections if it isn't able to be resolved. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Also lemon laws kick in after a number of attempts to fix a problem (depends on what state you are in). Mentioning that, if it applies in your state, might motivate them to make more effort.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After looking online I see that there was a closed recall on my van for a bad fuel rail. It says that it has been completed/replaced but I am waiting to hear back from the dealership to confirm that in fact it has been replaced and not just inspected. But I am thinking that is the problem with my van

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just heard back from dealership, they think they have found the issue with the check engine light coming on..a bad injector. ( I wonder if it got damaged when they replaced the fuel rail?) fingers crossed when they get the part this solves the issue.

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
Just heard back from dealership, they think they have found the issue with the check engine light coming on..a bad injector. ( I wonder if it got damaged when they replaced the fuel rail?) fingers crossed when they get the part this solves the issue.
I think you are the second person here to mention a bad fuel injector. Hopefully that resolves the issue!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts