Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2023 Kia Carnival SX in Astra Blue
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Took it in, Kia worked for a couple hours and they got nothin, not the sensors, cameras, and no idea what the problem is. 馃槵

Got this error at 3500 miles.. Any advice! dealership appointment already scheduled, the assistant says it may be a software update and that鈥檚 all. But a brand new car should not have any burnt out sensors or cameras.

Fingers crossed for a quick fix!
Personal luxury car Font Electric blue Auto part Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Font

Automotive design Personal luxury car Car Vehicle Auto part

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: Took it in, Kia worked for a couple hours and they got nothin, not the sensors, cameras, and no idea what the problem is. 馃槵

Got this error at 3500 miles.. Any advice! dealership appointment already scheduled, the assistant says it may be a software update and that鈥檚 all. But a brand new car should not have any burnt out sensors or cameras.

View attachment 973
View attachment 972
View attachment 971

View attachment 973
View attachment 972
View attachment 971
UPDATE: Finally got Kia to look at it, to preface, we got this as a BRAND NEW car. Apparently, entire wiring harnesses have been removed and the only accessible way is by removing the tires and in inner fender panels. Either it came from the factory is loose harnesses or someone tampered with it. 馃槧

Registered
UPDATE: Finally got Kia to look at it, to preface, we got this as a BRAND NEW car. Apparently, entire wiring harnesses have been removed and the only accessible way is by removing the tires and in inner fender panels. Either it came from the factory is loose harnesses or someone tampered with it. 馃槧
Is it working now?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it working now?
Nope, the dealer mechanic insists it鈥檚 somehow our fault or the dealer we bought it from. Even though once we mentioned we have Kia Connect (it monitors everything that happens to the car) and our paperwork, he seemed to blame us less. Tad suspicious.. Even their 鈥淢aster Mechanic鈥 is confused.

Registered
Nope, the dealer mechanic insists it鈥檚 somehow our fault or the dealer we bought it from. Even though once we mentioned we have Kia Connect (it monitors everything that happens to the car) and our paperwork, he seemed to blame us less. Tad suspicious.. Even their 鈥淢aster Mechanic鈥 is confused.
Yot fault ? That dealer mechanic must be a hopeless idiot or just playing blame games. I have a 2 weeks old SX and mine forward safety does not do anything , turned on , just sits there. No warning , nothing regardless how I try to "provoke " it just to see what happens. Very predictable what deales would do , nothing , so I don't go there to get it fixed. Same with speed alert , does not work at all. Everything else is normal , I like this van.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yot fault ? That dealer mechanic must be a hopeless idiot or just playing blame games. I have a 2 weeks old SX and mine forward safety does not do anything , turned on , just sits there. No warning , nothing regardless how I try to "provoke " it just to see what happens. Very predictable what deales would do , nothing , so I don't go there to get it fixed. Same with speed alert , does not work at all. Everything else is normal , I like this van.
Yeah, it鈥檚 a great car, unfortunately, Kia has some bad service.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FINAL UPDATE: After back and forth with our local Kia dealer, and a tip to corporate, they finally dropped the idea that someone 鈥渢ampered鈥 with the car, and actually found the problem.

It was the main front sensor. (The black box on the bottom grille) Getting it back Tuesday!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts