Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a Carnival today for a 200 mile trip and I occasionally got an alert “Check HDA System“ (or similar wording). Has anyone else had this?
HDA stands for Highway Driving Assistance

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
42 Posts
No. I have never seen it. 3000 miles now. Btw the tire already lost 1/32 after 3000 miles, my feeling is that those tires won't last more than 20K.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. I have never seen it. 3000 miles now. Btw the tire already lost 1/32 after 3000 miles, my feeling is that those tires won't last more than 20K.
Check your tire pressure. I have driven 4 Carnival’s, all the dealerships gave them to me with tires inflated to 50 psi. Go figure

·
Registered
64 Posts
My son, the former Master Mechanic states: "The tires are inflated to 50 and special blocks are inserted into the shocks when the car is being transported by ship. This helps prevent the car from rocking in the ship while at sea. The dealer should adjust the pressure when they receive the car."

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve called my dealers service department last week to diagnose this alert, after asking me what car I have and I answered a 2022 Carnival they told me “you have to take it to Dodge” (!). I then informed them of a new Kia minivan MPV which is called Carnival so they said we don’t have any training on it yet call Kia Consumer Assistance. I’ve been bounced back and forth since with no appointment to have anyone look at my car. Today one of their reps just hung up the phone on me. Very unimpressed

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve called my dealers service department last week to diagnose this alert, after asking me what car I have and I answered a 2022 Carnival they told me “you have to take it to Dodge” (!). I then informed them of a new Kia minivan MPV which is called Carnival so they said we don’t have any training on it yet call Kia Consumer Assistance. I’ve been bounced back and forth since with no appointment to have anyone look at my car. Today one of their reps just hung up the phone on me. Very unimpressed
Amazing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts