Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Kia recommends to add an additive every oil change - and dealers would be happy to charge you gold for adding the additive by themselves, any insight or info on how we can choose an additive by ourselves?

E.g., I have a few cans of Liqui Moly Jectron left from now sold Tiguan - Can I use them to clean our engines?

It seems that the Carnival engine has two injection systems - a Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) and Multi-Port Injection (MPI)

And I am worried about the MPI

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Direct port injection is in the cylinder head, multi-port injection is in the intake, right? When direct injection began propagating through the auto industry, I heard walls in the intake, intake chamber and intake valve of the head was being found much dirtier than with injection in the intake. Fuel naturally has solvents and additives to clean surfaces. Where does the mess come from? The positive crankcase ventilation system.

I've been thinking of one of my first "mods" to the van being a catch can. The source of the mess is crank case vapors, ls motors benefit so much from a catch can it makes you think it should be factory fare. So, rather than an injector cleaner, would we be better off with a catch can?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts