Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone install a dashcam? Which dashcam do you use?

I brought Thinkware U1000 and a dashcam battery pack. Today I finished the wiring of the battery pack and front dashcam, but I still struggle with which is the best position to place the cam. I am thinking to put it on the car's front cam (the black box at the center), instead of the windshield.

Is anyone also using U1000? Do you mind sharing where you put your cam?

Btw, thanks to Kia that there is a spare 15A fuse (ACC) which I can use it without worrying about any impact.

However, if you need to use parking mode and not using any dashcam battery, then you will need to use another fuse that has power after ignition is off.

IMG_1240.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't help with the best spot on the front cam as I have the one that slides over the mirror and have a camera in the back also. But thanks for the spare 15a fuse spot as I'm wiring it up this weekend and was curious if there was a spare fuse

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
88 Posts
I just use USB powered cams. Not as elegant but gets the job done for what matters most to me... STUPID DRIVERS

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just use USB powered cams. Not as elegant but gets the job done for what matters most to me... STUPID DRIVERS
I'm actually using it now with the USB cable just so it's recording until I can hook up the power cable to the fuse box. Just want that extra USB port open and plus less of a mess trying to run it to the center rather than the fuse box near the door

1 - 4 of 4 Posts