Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2023 KIA Carnival SX Prestige
28 Posts
Did anyone install a dashcam? Which dashcam do you use?

I brought Thinkware U1000 and a dashcam battery pack. Today I finished the wiring of the battery pack and front dashcam, but I still struggle with which is the best position to place the cam. I am thinking to put it on the car's front cam (the black box at the center), instead of the windshield.

Is anyone also using U1000? Do you mind sharing where you put your cam?

Btw, thanks to Kia that there is a spare 15A fuse (ACC) which I can use it without worrying about any impact.

However, if you need to use parking mode and not using any dashcam battery, then you will need to use another fuse that has power after ignition is off.

View attachment 318
Did you find a fuse that has power when the ignition is off?

· Registered
2023 SX Astra Blue
4 Posts
Brand new 2023 SX. Going to install the dash cam and run the wire down to the spare fuse as suggested earlier in the thread. I am also installing home link mirror. It seems to me that I could get power for that from the power to the map lites. I believe that that power is always on even when vehicle is switched off. That way the garage door opener (and that is why I am installing) would always work. The installation instructions for the mirror (from kia stuff and I cant imagine why its not in all of these cars as everyone has a garage door opener ((end of rant!!)) show running the wiring down through the side pillar cover and then to the fuse box and connecting into wiring that disables the auto dimming in reverse, I guess, really don't care about this. In any case has anyone just connected to the map lites for power to the mirror?

· Registered
2023 SX Astra Blue
4 Posts
Brand new 2023 SX. Going to install the dash cam and run the wire down to the spare fuse as suggested earlier in the thread. I am also installing home link mirror. It seems to me that I could get power for that from the power to the map lites. I believe that that power is always on even when vehicle is switched off. That way the garage door opener (and that is why I am installing) would always work. The installation instructions for the mirror (from kia stuff and I cant imagine why its not in all of these cars as everyone has a garage door opener ((end of rant!!)) show running the wiring down through the side pillar cover and then to the fuse box and connecting into wiring that disables the auto dimming in reverse, I guess, really don't care about this. In any case has anyone just connected to the map lites for power to the mirror?
I ended up putting two add a fuse connectoirs at the fuse box and running the wiring down to there. The spare fuse is only on when ignition is on and that is what i prefer for the dash cam. I used the drivers side seat power for the homelink mirror as I want to be able to use the garage door opener without having to start the vehicle.. You dont have to pull the pillar cover all the way off as there is enough give using a little plastic prybar to make enough room to get the wires in and then with the rubber door seal removed in that area there is room for the wires and then into the fuse box area.

· Registered
12 Posts
Well i got this usb dongle for my 2022 SXP that connects to dimming mirror and it works like charm. Here is the link if you guys interested.

Now I finding a way to run wire for rear cam.
Hi. What is dimming mirror? I have a 2023 SXP. The rear view mirror does not have any power ports. Can you send me a picture?

· Registered
12 Posts
Ok. Mine is Kia Carnival 2023 and it came with home link and the manual says its auto dimming mirror. But, i dont see a adaptor on it. It just has a sensor on the mirror which i think is the dimming option.

· Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
738 Posts
I got the Viofo Dashcam and also got their power adapter that goes into the fuse box. That way you also get parking recording with low voltage cut off.
Just came to say I use the same brand. Of all the Amazon dashcams, they offer some of the best bang for buck and don't completely suck when it comes to video quality. Linus Tech Tips did a comparison of 10 popular brands and Viofo came out at or near the top of the list.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts