Kia Carnival Forum banner

141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought an EX in Maryland 2 weeks ago. After the test drive, I asked the dealer if they would come off the msrp since the Carnivals had just arrived. He said he would do $1000 off msrp and at the time plus the $750 rebate to finance. I took it. From searching online, it seems now there are quite a few lxs and sx in stock around here with dealers offering $500-$1500 off online pricing. I don’t know if they would deal further in person.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought an EX in Maryland 2 weeks ago. After the test drive, I asked the dealer if they would come off the msrp since the Carnivals had just arrived. He said he would do $1000 off msrp and at the time plus the $750 rebate to finance. I took it. From searching online, it seems now there are quite a few lxs and sx in stock around here with dealers offering $500-$1500 off online pricing. I don’t know if they would deal further in person.
What dealer did you use? Would you recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
What dealer did you use? Would you recommend? Thanks!
I saw current offers from King Kia, Jones Kia, and Laurel Kia. I purchased from Laurel and enjoyed how laid back and low pressure the entire process was. I wish the dealership had more incentives purchasing from them like free oil changes, courtesy shuttle, etc. but I plan to do most routine maintenance myself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dealer told me today that our SX-P has been delayed again, coming into Port of Philly on April 25th. The sales manager was working with other dealerships that were getting deliveries from the west coast but said almost all were charging a $5k markup for dealer to dealer transfer. He said that he doesn't play games like that with his customers and won't play games like that with other dealers. So, perhaps a bit more waiting for us here on the East Coast.
Which dealer did you end up going with? I remember you gave me a few suggestions to check out in the Philly area. I'd prefer to make this painless as much as possible so would appreciate the recommendation. I'm looking at the SX Prestige as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
In terms of what to pay for the SXP, keep this in mind: My son recently returned from a trip to Orlando and visited a Kia dealer. They had a fully loaded Telluride out front, window sticker just over 50K. But the dealer had added an extra sticker, with paint protection, market uptick, etc. The price now is 70K. And this is the second year for the Telluride.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In terms of what to pay for the SXP, keep this in mind: My son recently returned from a trip to Orlando and visited a Kia dealer. They had a fully loaded Telluride out front, window sticker just over 50K. But the dealer had added an extra sticker, with paint protection, market uptick, etc. The price now is 70K. And this is the second year for the Telluride.
Same here in Austin. The moment we drive this car out of the lot it depreciates by almost 30k.
No prestige trim without 10k premium in Austin/San Antonio area.

·
Registered
64 Posts
One of the dealers I spoke with earlier stated there were only 10 SXP vehicles for the entire Southeast Region. That's not many cars for 5-6 states.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same here in Austin. The moment we drive this car out of the lot it depreciates by almost 30k.
No prestige trim without 10k premium in Austin/San Antonio area.
Try Sam's Club , or American Express. They can find under MSRP price dealers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah , we probably better off just buying 2018-2020 trusted , tried Sienna . Cheaper , better quality and even AWD.
let’s not be defeatist here. If this is the vehicle you want, then in my opinion it’s worth traveling a little further for the right price. I spent about $500 total on travel between a plane ticket, hotel for one night, and gas to get an SX for $3k+ under MSRP. Yes, I realize time is money too.
Oh and that trusty Sienna? Not putting my family in a van built on a 10 year old frame with terrible safety ratings.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
let’s not be defeatist here. If this is the vehicle you want, then in my opinion it’s worth traveling a little further for the right price. I spent about $500 total on travel between a plane ticket, hotel for one night, and gas to get an SX for $3k+ under MSRP. Yes, I realize time is money too.
Oh and that trusty Sienna? Not putting my family in a van built on a 10 year old frame with terrible safety ratings.
The 2021 is far better on the safety side of things but you are correct that the older models had subpar safety ratings in certain areas. Looking forward to seeing Kia's ratings once they come out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
For those that live in states where a front license plat is required, are there existing holes for the front license plate or do they drill holes right into the front bumper? We are looking at sourcing one from a state that has front license plates but don’t want drill holes in the bumper. (We live in a no front license plate state).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Found out about an incoming SX-P next week at the local Kia dealership. They showed me the window sticker which has a $1175 for "Inland Freight and Handling" which I'm assuming is the destination fee, but that seems very high especially since the dealership is only 1.5-2 hours from the port of entry. Also, the salesman gave me a "oh by the way" we add $1695 ceramic coating package to all Carnivals and Tellurides. Sounds like this is how they are trying to mark it up without calling it that.

Is this Inland Freight & Handling charge standard on all the Carnivals?

Needless to say, I'll probably keep looking.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
We are scheduled to pick up our SX-P today, which is being driven over from Pittsburgh, PA to a dealership outside of Philly. We ended up dropping our reservation at another dealership due to the countless delays on getting them out of the port of Philly. For those wondering, our dealer shared a screenshot of the 'tracking' of one vehicle we were looking to get. As you can see, it arrived at the port of Philly at the beginning of March and has been held there for over a month. We got an update from this dealer that the date you see in the screenshot got pushed again to the 26th. For those waiting on vehicles, ask your dealer to look it up with the VIN and send a screenshot of the status. You can use the link below and modify it with your specific VIN and shoot the link over to your dealer and ask them to login with their credentials to lookup the status.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congratulations! And please check those 115V plugs and let us know if they are working. Many of us SX/SXP owners have non-working plugs. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased from King Kia in Maryland. I made the purchase agreement on March 30th with the vehicle in transit. It came in from the Philly port and the dealer received it Thursday night 4/15. They informed me that night and after the pre sale inspection, I purchased on 4/16.

Very smooth and easy process, they put it on the no sale list once I agreed to buy. Purchase price included the $750 rebate. So at $47,570 msrp it was $46,820 before tax, title, tag. I got a tax credit with my trade in (I traded a 2020 Telluride). With the Telluride still in high demand, they were able to pay off my loan. Both my trade and purchase were financed through Kia so it made it easy. (Decided to switch to Carnival after having our third child for ease and convenience)

Very satisfied with my purchase and everyone loves it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Congratulations! And please check those 115V plugs and let us know if they are working. Many of us SX/SXP owners have non-working plugs. Thanks!
The are all broken. Our dealer told us KIA has issued a recall and dealers are ordering the inverter to fix the issue. Apparently the part doesn’t even exist yet and it’ll be a minimum of 2-3 months before dealers get the part.

We ended up purchasing from Lancaster Kia at $750 under MSRP using the Kia finance incentive and no other silly add-ons. Our original deposit was with Murray Kia. Murray Kia kept giving us the runaround of when our car would be there and the followup wasn’t great. We sold our old car in late March and later that same day Murray told us our order was delayed a week which we were fine with. After a week passed, we called to get an updated status and they said it would be another 2 weeks. That’s when we started panicking because we needed a car for an upcoming trip and the timelines were getting too tight for comfort. We asked for detailed shipping info, using the link above and they balked. That‘s when we called Lancaster and Juan, our salesperson, found exactly what we were looking for in Pittsburgh. 2 days later (today) we picked up the car. Originally, Eric the manager at Murray told us we could have our deposit back no problem. After he said that and us placing a deposit on the one we have now, he called back and said management said we would have to wait until the car was sold before getting out money back.

TL;DR - I wouldn’t use Murray Kia Of Conshohocken. West Chester KIA and Coatsville Kia will not budge on the window etching for $399 but I can’t speak for the rest of their sales process. West Chester KIA had a market adjustment of +$5k. I would whole heartedly recommend Lancaster Kia.

141 - 160 of 197 Posts