Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Peter @ Brantford Kia always does a good job. This is just a comparison, will do a more in depth one in a week or so when they get the Carnival.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’m hoping more videos with the SX or SX-P come out soon. These LX ones are getting old with the rental car feel.

I am surprised Kia is not pushing the top SX-P to Auto journalist to test drive, putting their best foot forward; they are not doing us any favors with the LX test drives out there. I would like to see videos demonstrating ingress/egress to 3rd row, max cargo spacing and flexibility of the 2nd row VIP chairs for the SX-P. I have yet to see this as the videos out there (including the Kia launch one for the 7 seater trim) do not depict this. Hope someone here buys the SX-P trim and post videos on this. Waiting for more detailed reviews by Alex on Autos and Redlline reviews (surprised these are not already out and Carnival has been on sale for at least 1 month). So, buying decision will have to wait.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's not an SX-P, just a regular SX. Simple giveaway is that it's an 8-seater.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just watched the review by Alex on Autos. I am quite disappointed that the SX-prestige trim, due to the rigid VIP seats, allows ingress/egress to the 3rd row only via the middle row tunnel. Going to require quite a logistics nightmare for entry if you have 5 people that want to get into the back rows, no option to enter the 3rd row from the outside directly. Plus the fact that this trim gives the minimum cargo capacity (87 cubic foot versus 146 cubic foot for the 8 seater trim) possible (cannot slide the VIP seats to fold on the backrest of the front seats), it is a tough sell for me as currently designed. The next trim down (EX+ here in Canada) gives up too much of the features I really want (blindview monitors, 4-way driver lumber memory seats, passenger view cameral, LED interior lighting, cooled front seats, dual sunroof, Bose stereo, Parking collision avoidance Assist - reverse), so I am leaning toward giving this a pass this year. Either look at the competion or wait for the 2023 model year, hoping that Kia fixes this: give the 8 seater more options that folks want or make the 7 seater VIP seats a stand-alone option.

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
I would be shocked if you can’t slide the seat forward and inward toward the center enough so that you can enter the rear from the door.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am not alone in thinking the VIP seats is not such a great idea in North American markets (maybe so in Korea where luxury thrumps function/practicality)). Here's how Car and Driver summed it (i totallly agree):

"Plus, the top SX Prestige model's recliner-style VIP Lounge second-row captain's chairs aren't as appealing as you'd think. With heating and cooling and an ottoman for your feet, these power-operated chairs are opulent but impractical, as they're heavy to slide around, have clunky adjustment controls, and aren't really all that comfortable. We'd pass on the La-Z-Boy chairs in favor of the lesser trim levels' more conventional seven-passenger captain's-chair setup or eight-passenger arrangement that adds a middle seat in the second row."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts