Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade from our 2013 honda odyseey EX and we looked at the Sienna, Odyssey and Carnival and the Carnival blew the others away!

Now we are on the hunt for a 2023 model. I found a dealer near me who is only charging sticker price! Now I just have to wait until they get allocated something close to what we want in the SXP trim.

I have heard that the whole "ordering" thing is really just a sales tactic since they don't acctually put anything in to kia with your info on it?

Also I read on Kias website the the SXP has a DVD player is that true? I thought it was only all streaming apps or ScreenMirroring/HDMI/USB input?

From kia.com:
"Dual-Screen Rear Seat Entertainment System
A built-in DVD player and device mirroring to stream your favorite shows with your compatible smartphone or tablet, is the perfect way to keep rear passengers happy.
Optional on SX & SX-Prestige trims Rear Seat Entertainment Package"

Thanks!

Registered
2023 Kia Carnival SX in Astra Blue
Looking to upgrade from our 2013 honda odyseey EX and we looked at the Sienna, Odyssey and Carnival and the Carnival blew the others away!

Now we are on the hunt for a 2023 model. I found a dealer near me who is only charging sticker price! Now I just have to wait until they get allocated something close to what we want in the SXP trim.

I have heard that the whole "ordering" thing is really just a sales tactic since they don't acctually put anything in to kia with your info on it?

Also I read on Kias website the the SXP has a DVD player is that true? I thought it was only all streaming apps or ScreenMirroring/HDMI/USB input?

From kia.com:
A built-in DVD player and device mirroring to stream your favorite shows with your compatible smartphone or tablet, is the perfect way to keep rear passengers happy.

Thanks!
We are 3 days into owning our 2023 Kia Carnival SX and it is INCREDIBLE! It would definitely be an upgrade over your 2013 Odyssey. We were running on an 07 Town and country with no reverse gear! 馃槀

As far as ordering at MSRP I highly, highly recommend Kia of Columbia Missouri. In total we drove 24 hours there and back to get it and it was so worth it.

And on the custom ordering, I cannot confirm nor deny you can get a custom Carnival, we were on the waitlist but we got ours after someone canceled. So I guess it's a toss up.

Our SX did not come with the RSE (rear seat entertainment) but from what I understand yes, there are two screens with DVD players equipped.

I wish you luck on getting a Carnival! If you can, I would place orders at several dealerships, that's what we did and after 8 months we finally got an SXP and an SX offered at the same time! It essentially holds your spot in a waitlist because these vehicles are so popular. If I had any final advice to give, it would be to wait it out! Some people get their Carnivals in 3 weeks, some people have been waiting over a year.
And with a bit of luck, the person reserved ahead of you might cancel their order and you would be next in line. Definitely check out Kia of Columbia Missouri!

Registered

From kia.com:

Thanks!

Registered
Not sure about the DVD player in the SXP but we did get our SX at MSRP from Freedom Kia in WV. Ordered in April a 2022 SX and it was changed to a 2023. We received it about a week ago. Very easy process.

We do not have the rear screen entertainment package in our SX 2023 although we would have had it in thd 2022. Not a problem for us though.

Registered
It's 2023. DVDs, shouldn't even be mentioned in any cars, let alone a family car. Honda just decided to put blu ray in their vans. LOL. Wow. Thanks for bringing us tech from 2012. We use the screen quite a bit in our 22 SXP. But before the long road trip, my wife has to sit back there and set it up for our daughter. She attached a Firestick back there so my daughter can stream all of her favorite shows.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's 2023. DVDs, shouldn't even be mentioned in any cars, let alone a family car. Honda just decided to put blu ray in their vans. LOL. Wow. Thanks for bringing us tech from 2012. We use the screen quite a bit in our 22 SXP. But before the long road trip, my wife has to sit back there and set it up for our daughter. She attached a Firestick back there so my daughter can stream all of her favorite shows.
OK maybe allow for copying DVD Discs to a SSD/HDD or something would be amazing - bottom line is unconnected entertainment is far easier/cheaper for long 12 hr trips to Florida vs having to pay for data streaming/latency issues etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts