Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else with the digital cluster think it’s odd they put the RPMs on the right and MPH on the left? On the other Carnival models with traditional clusters the MPH is on the right as it normally is in a car (at least in the US). So it’s strange they would swap it in the Prestige.

There are themes and options galore for the cluster panel but none that allow you to swap it around - really strange - going to take some getting used to looking to the left for speed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes its odd. I wonder if they will have an update to the digital cluster- would be possible since its just a screen! I don't really need a tachometer display at all.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
Yes its odd. I wonder if they will have an update to the digital cluster- would be possible since its just a screen! I don't really need a tachometer display at all.
Great point! The tachometer is the most useless gauge and yet it takes up half the screen real estate. What would you put there instead?

·
Registered
213 Posts
It would be great if apple CarPlay could be incorporated into the main screen navigation display. I assume you’ve tried changing the display to the scenic background (can’t remember the exact name)? While it doesn’t remove the tach, it changes it to just a number taking up much less space.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It would be great if apple CarPlay could be incorporated into the main screen navigation display. I assume you’ve tried changing the display to the scenic background (can’t remember the exact name)? While it doesn’t remove the tach, it changes it to just a number taking up much less space.
Yes, I am using that display that reflects the time of day. But now I have speed in the left, speed in the middle and tach on the right.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes, I am using that display that reflects the time of day. But now I have speed in the left, speed in the middle and tach on the right.
lol. That happened to me as well. You need to change the center display to something else using the menu button on the right side of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My wife and I watched many, many video reviews of the Carnival prior to buying ours. We noticed that reversal in the videos of the SXP. By the time we got the car, we were used to it. But it is strange.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found it strange and disorienting. I hope they will provide an update the allow more customization since it's all software.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts