Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be worth it to get an additional warranty on this vehicle. I’m new to Kia’s and hearing Kia’s reliability is improving but a bit concerned this is a new model with not much history( in the us at least). I know Kia’ warranty is best in class but from what I researched there are exclusions such as electronics such as entertainment system which I believe is only 2-3 years

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
434 Posts
Would it be worth it to get an additional warranty on this vehicle. I’m new to Kia’s and hearing Kia’s reliability is improving but a bit concerned this is a new model with not much history( in the us at least). I know Kia’ warranty is best in class but from what I researched there are exclusions such as electronics such as entertainment system which I believe is only 2-3 years
Most brands have bumper to bumper warranties that expire around 36,000 miles or 3 years. That's industry standard. I think Kia goes to 5yr/60k miles. That's when most other brands power train warranty expire but Kia goes to 10yr/100k miles. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Google extended warranties and companies that sell them and what you get for it. Most of the time it's a waste of money. You may not need to use it so you waste your money for a couple years until you use it. If I decide to get one I'd do extensive research and read the fine print on what you can claim!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige
45 Posts
In my case, since this vehicle has a lot of electronic systems I bought the extended warranty that covers bumper to bumper for 10 years. Kia's warranty is very good but for the electronic is just 3 years, if you are planning to sell the vehicle before the fith year you will be OK, but if not (like in my case) is better to be prepared than sorry for not having it when the time comes :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
In my case, since this vehicle has a lot of electronic systems I bought the extended warranty that covers bumper to bumper for 10 years. Kia's warranty is very good but for the electronic is just 3 years, if you are planning to sell the vehicle before the fith year you will be OK, but if not (like in my case) is better to be prepared than sorry for not having it when the time comes :)
DiranO, do you happen to remember how much the extended warranty cost you? I can it can vary by dealership, but just curious.

·
Registered
45 Posts
DiranO, do you happen to remember how much the extended warranty cost you? I can it can vary by dealership, but just curious.
It was 4K. But it has the bumber to bumper coverage on everything for 10 years + Ziebart interior and exterior protection for 5 years + Rim and tire protection for 5 years also.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It was 4K. But it has the bumber to bumper coverage on everything for 10 years + Ziebart interior and exterior protection for 5 years + Rim and tire protection for 5 years also.
Is there a catch to it? Did you read the fine print? I feel like they make it sound so nice but in the end you end up not using it because they can't cover certain damages/issues.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is there a catch to it? Did you read the fine print? I feel like they make it sound so nice but in the end you end up not using it because they can't cover certain damages/issues.
I read it yes, the don't cover the parts that require maintenance like headlights, brake pads and disc other than that covers everything as the original OEM warranty. I hope I never use it lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts