Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got an SXP. I knew this thing was comfortable, but I didn't realize how comfortable it was until I drove it for 3 hours straight. NO back pains. No butt pains. No drowsy feeling. It was a very good drive from Lakeville to Duluth (MN). I love the comfort. I love the smoothness. I love the sound system (Bose). I love the lane assist and adaptive cruise. I love the seating position and how good the visibility was. I cruised along between 70-75 for the whole trip up and down and got an average of 28mpg. That's spectacular for a V6 carrying 4 people and 'stuff in the back'. I also loved that I can peer to the back with Nanny Cam and see my wife stretched out on the lounge chair with a blanket asleep. My daughter in her booster was also leaned back in comfort mode. In the end, that's what this Carnival is about. Comfort. Creature Comfort. Passenger/driver comfort. We carried a large mammoth stroller and that fit with no problem in the recess area in the back. We also had a cooler and still had room. This thing was designed exactly for a road trip like mine. I drove up and back without feeling tired. This is by far, the most comfortable car I own and have driven. I hope you guys will be able to experience the same in yours.

Super Moderator
Most people here are finding they are able to exceed the EPA MPG numbers by 10%. I agree with everything you said and it's the reason we went for the SXP except my wife likes to kick me out of the driver's seat so she can drive. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If we ever go in an extended trip, I will definitely be in the back to lounge. I've slept back there before. How on Earth can you go back to a pillow propped to the side of the window ever again. I think two things separate the Carnival to all other vehicle..... The comfy lounge seats and the two 12.3" Screens up front. At night it looks very cool.

Super Moderator
If we ever go in an extended trip, I will definitely be in the back to lounge. I've slept back there before. How on Earth can you go back to a pillow propped to the side of the window ever again. I think two things separate the Carnival to all other vehicle..... The comfy lounge seats and the two 12.3" Screens up front. At night it looks very cool.
Indeed it does. I changed the display to the landscape / horizon view and love how the weather and location is integrated into the dynamic background.

Registered
We have travelled 8,000 miles this summer in our SXP! Yes, we take turns sleeping in the lounge seats! Very quiet -highway mileage has been 27-30 mpg. A little less with our cargo box. The rear end looks pretty compressed and the ride quality suffers a bit.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you tell me where to get the cross bar and cargo box you have? We are looking for the same for our Carnival and Crosstrek. Thanks

Registered
Can you tell me where to get the cross bar and cargo box you have? We are looking for the same for our Carnival and Crosstrek. Thanks
Got the Thule XT 22 cu ft cargo box from facebook marketplace- It was difficult to find! Crossbars are generic Amazon..

Registered
Thx! just to confirm 70" is without the box. With the box would be 70 +box height?
and Blackbeagle1's questions - fit, movement and noise of the crossbars?
yeah I must have that wrong
How does the crossbar fit? Any movement? How about wind noise? Thx
A little wind- not too bad- better when the box is loaded down. I tried to put the cross bars as far apart as possible and towards the back.

Registered
with the cargo box its about 7' 7" about 90" inches which is too tall for most parking garages.

Registered
with the cargo box its about 7' 7" about 90" inches which is too tall for most parking garages.
Thank you! This is helpful. I should still be ok with maybe an inch or two to spare.

Have you used load straps to connect anything directly to the roof rails like a kayak or a paddleboard? They don't seem very strong and I am concerned that if I tighten the load straps they will crack.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts