Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I recently did the first scheduled maintenance to my Carnival and the Kia dealer (Napleton Kia) used an oil brand that I never heard of, they used Duramax full synthetic with the correct grade 0w20.

Do you know about that oil? I tried to get more info in Google but as of now very limited. Motor Oils & ATF - DuraMAX

Kia recommends Total oil for the Carnival.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My first maintenance is scheduled for Friday. I will find out what my dealer uses and report back.
Full synthetic oil. Oil brand was Total. Service done at Lev Kia in MA. Cost was $77 (including taxes) however, since I am installing winter tires soon I didn’t do tire rotation which would have cost another $36. Next maintenance would be more expensive…

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here is the link and the distribution company for Duramax Oils:

Here is the MSDS details:

Does that help?

·
Super Moderator
405 Posts
For comparison, the oil filter kit, here, comes with a crush washer and costs $10.50 retail. I found it online here but don't know anything about this parts dealer though I'm recalling some people having issues with one of the online parts places. You can find a 6 quart Mobil One Synthetic deal at Costco on sale usually around the $25-$27 amount which would take the DIY pricing to < $40. What I find interesting though, is that the only recommended viscosity is 0w-20. The only difference between that and with 0w-30 is that 0w-30 has a higher operating temperature range which makes the oil slightly thicker at temperature, therefore potentially decreasing engine efficiency (i.e. MPG) compared to 0w-20.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts