Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was originally going to get the Astra Blue but love my Flare Red! Here's mine next to a Telluride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love the red color. Would've definitely gone for it if they offered Tuscan Umber or Saddle Brown in SX Trim. Can't do black/gray with a white dog!

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Odyssey is a pretty dated platform and infotainment is no match! Sienna gets much better gas mileage. That's the only van I would consider beside the Carnival.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi, Is anyone not loving the carnival and wish they went with an odyssey?
I came from a 2007 Odyssey that served us well (and still is with 236K miles). We test drove the new Odyssey and were in the market to buy a new one, before we learned about the Carnival.

After test driving the 2022 Odyssey for a while I told my wife - 14 years and I feel like the car hasn't changes much... the Carnival on the other end feels like progress was made in 14 years - the car is fantastic loaded with safety and comfort features, quite and smooth! I can only hope the Carnival would serve us 14 years as the Odyssey.
However, if you are considering buying an Odyssey I suggest you spend time on the Odyssey Odyclub forum like I did - you will learn that it is not free of problems and it seems that the new Odysseys are not as reliable as the old ones were ...

After 4K miles driving the Carnival we couldn't be happier, and are not looking back.

·
Super Moderator
331 Posts
Fair question @Cyndi asks but probably better served in the general forum as to keep this thread on topic. :)

Which, BTW, I loved the Flare Red but my wife liked the Astra Blue better, so we ended up with the Astra Blue instead. Does the Flare Red shift in color depending on the light like the Astra Blue does?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Fair question @Cyndi asks but probably better served in the general forum as to keep this thread on topic. :)

Which, BTW, I loved the Flare Red but my wife liked the Astra Blue better, so we ended up with the Astra Blue instead. Does the Flare Red shift in color depending on the light like the Astra Blue does?
Flare red doesn't color shift like the Astra Blue. That said , it looks very nice and seems like a quality paint job. I live in South Florida which is terrible for paint, so I will make sure to wax it a couple times a year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love the red color. Would've definitely gone for it if they offered Tuscan Umber or Saddle Brown in SX Trim. Can't do black/gray with a white dog!
I also have a white dog that sheds like crazy and surprisingly the seats are crazy easy to clean. We just wipe them down with a car wipe. I bought leather/weather tech “pretty” floor mats for mine so no dog hair sticks to them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got my EX in flare red this Thursday and decided to post some photos here. I wasn't a fan of the red vehicles at first, but when I saw the red paint on Carnival, I was stunned, it is really eye-catching and shows some interesting metallic particles in it under bright sunshine, looked like very high-quality paint. Now I am totally in love with this color.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice indeed! Flare Red was my first choice for exterior color, but ultimately I liked the Tuscan Umber/Black interior more, so I decided to get Astra Blue. I too wasn't really interested in the red until I saw it sparkle in the sunlight. I just wish they offered a proper blue color here for the SX model.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts