Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have our third child coming in November and we've been on a hunt for the right minivan or third row SUV, but have almost exclusively been looking at Kia due to warranty, price, and styling. We test drove a CPO Sorento and intended to buy it. Price wasn't right and dealership didn't take our offer, so we left. Thankfully that night we reflected on the cargo space and knew it wouldn't be big enough for our family.

We were gathering up our kids to leave the house to head to a different dealership to place an order on a Telluride (knowing the baby could potentially arrive before the car did and cause some difficulties. We also heard Telluride wait times were less than Carnivals, which was part of that decision). Then, moments before walking out the door, the salesperson from the other dealership messaged and said a Carnival LXS had just become available. We drove there twenty minutes later and put down the deposit. We should pick it up by the end of the month.

Thankful to have snagged a Carnival and one within our price point! Comes with the trailer hitch, which will be nice for bikes in the future. I wish it was a different color (it will be Silky Silver), but I can't complain!

Looking forward to joining these discussions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May I how much was the markup? I am also looking for xls and seeing 5k markups.
I actually got it at MSRP. Whoever had placed the initial order included some add-ons that totaled around an additional $1,100, but no markup.

Another dealer locally is selling the same LXS model as a CPO with 10k miles for around 42k, which is crazy to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update to this:
We were supposed to pick up our 2022 Silky Silver LXS on Friday, May 27th. Literally an hour before we are supposed to get there, we get a call from the dealer that the person doing the final detailing scraped the back passenger side of the car. We went in to check it out and the damage would have gone to their insurance and ultimately showed up on a car history. Plus, parts could have taken months to come in. We were obviously very disappointed, but it turned out that they had a 2023 Aurora Black Pearl LXS arriving this weekend. We decided to go with that instead since we knew we couldn't order one and have it come any time soon.

Ultimately, very happy about it. The dealer even took $300 off the price for the inconvenience of the whole situation (not a lot, but still a nice gesture) Pictures are of the damage and of the new ride.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light Tire

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts