Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having this issue? I'm assuming the front bumper came loose after a bump (like speed bump) and will no longer stay in. Picture sent to dealer and waiting for them to get back to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully they will fix it. My appt is still a couple weeks away. Have you reached out to them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully they will fix it. My appt is still a couple weeks away. Have you reached out to them?
Nope, even not contacted them. My case looks less bad. As I was told, for fix that they need to change plastic brackets on both sides, as in case of reinstallation of the bumper it should be changed each time. Looks like this disease is mostly concerned cars assembled in Russia, as I heard a lot of complaints about that. And no one complains about cars imported from Korea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far I'm continuing to get the run around from the dealership..... Can you post a picture of yours? The more evidence we have that this is an issue with the vehicle and not something we did, the better.

The first question I was asked us if I got in an accident. I first brought it to their attention about a week after i purchased and the vehicle is clearly spotless with no scrapes nor dings but they want to blame me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Golly gee....it happened to our SXP. I was washing my wife's car this weekend when I noticed it on ours exact same issue. I pushed it in and it clipped in like magnets. Don't know if this fixes the problem or will it happen again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is a scratch on the right side under the vehicle so they are unable to warranty it. Disappointed, but the scratch it's definitely there I think it may have contributed to an underlying design issue but isn't the root cause based on the other pictures I'm seeing. It's about an inch long and quarter inch wide scratch on the underside of the plastic piece that's below the bumper cover. I've never had this happen in our other 2 vehicles over 200k miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$250 but I'm still not even sure what's wrong. "Need to take it apart and put it back together".

I took it to a different body shop workout an appointment today and they slightly bent the clip down and pushed it in and it's staying so far. It took 30 seconds without an appointment and they charged me nothing. They said if it pops out they can glue it in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts