Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying our Carnival in VA which has a front plate requirement, but we live in PA which does not. I am going to tell the dealer to not install the front plate holder but I don't trust that they will listen/remember. Has anyone had to remove the front plate holder before? Is it drilled into the body or just adhesive?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
I am buying our Carnival in VA which has a front plate requirement, but we live in PA which does not. I am going to tell the dealer to not install the front plate holder but I don't trust that they will listen/remember. Has anyone had to remove the front plate holder before? Is it drilled into the body or just adhesive?
Dealers typically drill directly into the body leaving 4-8 massive holes for you to enjoy. It sucks!

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
You may have to call them several times to make sure they don’t drill into the bumper. The prep people don’t necessarily talk to the sales people. I picked up a car from NJ and it had an awful front license plate holder drilled into the bumper. No amount of Turtle Wax made that look right.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
You may have to call them several times to make sure they don’t drill into the bumper. The prep people don’t necessarily talk to the sales people. I picked up a car from NJ and it had an awful front license plate holder drilled into the bumper. No amount of Turtle Wax made that look right.
Yup, when a vehicle comes in, there's a team in the shop that is responsible for making it ready for sale. This includes following a 100 point checklist and they don't stop until all boxes are checked. If install front license plate holder is on that checklist, they will likely do it without even thinking - even if the sales guy goes the extra mile to talk to them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts